You may be entitled to a substantial monetary award if you’ve recently been injured in a car accident in Fort Worth, Texas. An experienced Fort Worth car accident lawyer at Anderson Injury Lawyers is ready to help you fight to win your case and get all of the money you deserve, call us today at (817) 294-1900.
Founding attorney Mark Anderson is board certified and personal injury trial law and has more than 30 years of litigation experience. Together, he and his award-winning team have recovered hundreds of millions in life-changing compensation for injury victims and families in the State of Texas. Set yourself up for a successful outcome by calling our Fort Worth law office to get us in your corner. We offer a free legal case of valuation and are ready to take your call whenever you need help the most – 24/7/365.
Table of Contents
Fort Worth, TX Car Accident Statistics
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were a total of 12,796 car accidents reported in Fort Worth, Texas, in 2020.
- 108 fatal accidents, resulting in 112 deaths
- 402 suspected serious crashes, injuring 475 people
- 1,304 non-incapacitating crashes, affecting 1,741 people
- 2,996 collisions that may have resulted in another 4,600 injuries
This means that there are roughly 36 motor vehicle accidents across the city of Fort Worth every single day. That’s more than one accident an hour.
See more Statistics here.
Fort Worth’s Most Dangerous Roads
There are a number of dangerous roads, highways, and intersections in Fort Worth, Texas, including:
- I-20 (recently ranked as the country’s second deadliest road in a recent study)
- I-35 (ranked as the fifth most fatal road in the aforementioned study)
- Beach Street and Western Center Blvd.
- Mc Cart Avenue and Altamesa Boulevard.
- Highway 183
- Highway 199 and W Weatherford Street
- Miller Avenue
- Crowley Road and Sycamore School Road
No matter where your accident happened in the Lone Star State, Anderson Injury Lawyers is ready to help you get the compensation you deserve. We’ll help you hold the at-fault driver accountable and recover damages for your losses.
How Anderson Injury Lawyers Can Help You After A Car Accident In Fort Worth, TX?
Even though you or the at-fault driver may have insurance, getting the compensation you deserve after a car wreck can be difficult. Insurance companies are more focused on profits than helping injury victims like you get back on their feet.
So in order to get the money you need, you’re going to have to put up a fight. That’s where our experienced Fort Worth personal injury lawyers can help.
We’re AV-rated, award-winning litigators with a demonstrated ability to win the toughest personal injury cases in Fort Worth, TX.
While you have the ability to take the time you really need to focus on getting better, we will:
- Conduct a thorough and exhaustive investigation
- Handle all conversations and negotiations with other parties on your behalf
- Consult with leading car accident and injury experts
- Defend you against the victim-blaming tactics
- Have an experienced trial attorney bring your case to court if the insurance company refuse to offer a fair settlement
We work on a contingency fee basis, so there’s no cost to hire us unless we win your case. We’re so confident that we’ll get you a meaningful settlement or when at trial that we assume all of the financial risks of litigation. Get in touch with our compassionate team for more information. Your first consultation is 100% free.
Who Is At Fault in a Car Wreck?
Who’s at fault for your car accident depends on the facts and circumstances. For example, if a distracted driver ran a stop sign and collided with you, they’re likely to blame.
We’ll analyze police reports, medical records, and other evidence to establish fault. If your case is complex, we’ll consult with experts to help us understand how your accident happened and who’s to blame.
Who Might Be Liable For My Injuries After a Car Accident?
Anyone who contributed to the cause of your collision might be responsible for your injuries. Other parties may also share liability.
For example, the following parties could be liable:
- A negligent motorist
- A passenger
- An employer, if their employee caused the collision while they were acting within the scope of their employment
- A manufacturer, if a defective vehicle component contributed to the accident
- A trucking company, if a truck driver caused the accident
- A pedestrian
- Government agencies in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, or Texas State
Several parties could be liable for your damages after a car accident in Fort Worth, TX. We’ll investigate your accident to determine everyone who may be involved to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. Our main goal is to help our clients who are dealing with painful injuries get back on their feet after devastating accidents.
Can I Still Recover Compensation For My Car Accident If I’m Partially At-Fault?
Yes, as long as you’re not mostly at fault. Texas has a modified comparative fault rule in place. There’s a 51% bar to recovery. As long as you are not assigned more than half of the blame for a car accident, your right to compensation is safe.
However, your financial award will be reduced in direct proportion to your degree of fault.
If you are assigned half of the blame, your settlement or verdict will be cut in half. That could mean getting a check for $50,000 when your case is worth $100,000.
Insurance companies in other parties will probably try to point fingers and blame you. If they can get you to shoulder more than half the blame, they’re under no obligation to pay you anything. And just shifting a little bit of fault to you can significantly reduce how much money you’ll get when your case is resolved.
A Fort Worth car accident lawyer at Anderson Injury Lawyers will be prepared to defend you from tactics like these, which are often raised without facts or evidence behind them.
We Handle All Car Accident Injury Cases
No matter what type of car accident you have been in, the resulting injuries can be catastrophic. Our Fort Worth auto accident attorneys will be there to help you get compensation for each and every one.
Call us for help if you’ve recently been in a car accident and sustained:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Chest injury
- Nerve damage
- Crushing injury
- Broken bones
- Vision or hearing loss
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Internal organ damage
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Seek emergency medical care after your motor vehicle accident. You’ll want to make sure that all of your injuries are diagnosed and documented as soon as possible. Then don’t hesitate to reach out to our law firm in the Dallas Fort Worth area to arrange a time to discuss legal representation with an experienced Fort Worth car accident lawyer, free case evaluation.
What Are the Common Causes of Car Accidents in Fort Worth, Texas?
The vast majority of car accidents in Fort Worth happen because someone is negligent.
Negligence means that someone has a responsibility to act with reasonable care and doesn’t. As a result of their behavior, they create a dangerous situation, and someone else gets hurt.
Some examples of negligent conduct that contributes to auto wrecks in Fort Worth include:
- Distracted driving
- The use of drugs and alcohol
- Driving while fatigued
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Unsafe turns
- Illegal passing
- Driving in vehicle blind spots
- Failure to maintain a vehicle in a safe condition
Other things that often contribute to crashes in the Dallas Fort Worth area include road defects, road construction, congested roadways, weather, and limited visibility.
What Kind of Damages Are Available to Car Accident Victims?
Both economic damages and non-economic damages should be available to you after a car accident in Texas.
Economic damages are paid to offset the financial costs of your crash, such as:
- Present medical expenses
- Future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Nursing assistance
- Property damage
Non-economic damages are paid for the pain and suffering you experience after a crash.
This often includes money for:
- Mental anguish
- Physical pain
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Reduced quality of life
In rare cases, punitive damages may also be available. However, there must be clear and convincing evidence that the defendant acted with fraud, malice, or gross negligence. In other words, they must have hurt you intentionally or displayed a conscious disregard for your safety. This might apply in cases involving drunk drivers, hit-and-run car accidents, or cases involving fatal collisions.
What’s the Time Limit For Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit in Fort Worth?
In Texas, there is a two-year statute of limitations that applies to most personal injury lawsuits. This means that you’ll typically have, at most, two years to file a personal injury claim for damages with your local court.
While there are some exceptions to the rule, it’s important to act quickly. You will give up the right to demand accountability and recover the compensation you rightfully deserve under the law if you miss the deadline that applies to your car accident injury case.
What’s My Car Accident Case Worth?
No two car accident cases are the same. That’s because every crash is different, and so is every victim. So, it makes sense that evaluation depends on factors that are unique to the circumstances of every case.
However, there are factors that will be relevant in every conversation about evaluation.
- What types of injuries did you suffer?
- Do doctors think you’ll make a full recovery?
- What are your current out-of-pocket costs?
- What kind of expenses and financial losses are you likely to have in the future?
- What kind of pain and suffering are you experiencing after your accident?
- What will it cost to replace or repair damaged property?
- How old were you when you got hurt?
While there is no average car accident settlement, the National Safety Council has identified some average costs.
In 2020, the average comprehensive cost of a car wreck resulting in an evident injury was $345,000. For a crash causing a disabling injury, the average comprehensive cost is $1.25 Million dollars. Fatal crashes can result in total costs exceeding $11 Million dollars.
The best way to know how much money you might be able to get after a car crash in Fort Worth is by speaking with an attorney about the specific details of your crash. A personal injury lawyer at Anderson Injury Lawyers is ready to put decades of award-winning experience to work to get you the best results. Give our law office in Fort Worth a call immediately to talk about the specifics of your situation today.
What Happens If the Other Driver Does Not Have Insurance?
If you’re in an accident with a driver that doesn’t have insurance or the driver fled the scene, you have options.
You may have optional insurance policies that cover the collision, including:
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Collision coverage
- Medical payments coverage
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage
If you’re unsure whether you have any of these optional insurance coverages, contact your insurance provider and ask.
If you don’t have any of these additional policies, a car accident lawyer in Fort Worth will investigate your accident and attempt to identify the other driver. There may be surveillance footage of your accident, or an eyewitness may have helpful information.
Types of Car Collisions
Any situation where a motor vehicle collides with another vehicle, a person, or anything else is considered a collision.
Some common types of collisions include:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- T-bone accidents (side-impact collisions)
- Single vehicle accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Chain reaction collisions (multi-vehicle car accidents/pile-ups)
No matter what type of accident you were involved in, call or email us today if you were injured in a car crash.
What is Negligence And Why Is It Important to Prove It?
Negligence is when someone fails to exercise reasonable care and that failure results in an injury, it is the basis of most car accident cases. If another party caused the accident, you typically have to prove that they were negligent in order to recover damages. To do this, you must demonstrate that they failed to use reasonable care under the circumstances, causing the accident and your injuries.
If you can’t prove that the other driver’s negligence caused the accident, you will be unsuccessful in recovering compensation to cover your losses.
The other party’s liability insurance provider will do everything possible to avoid paying the claim. They’ll try to disprove that their insured was negligent. They’ll try to pin the blame on you.
We know their tactics and will help you negotiate with the insurance adjuster and settle your case during the claims process. We’ll be prepared to take them to court if they refuse to pay a fair amount.
How Much Should I Expect From a Car Accident Settlement?
Every car accident case is unique, and the amount you should expect will depend on many different factors, for example:
- The severity of your injuries
- How your injuries affect your quality of life
- The pain and suffering you’ve endured
- Whether your injuries have caused a permanent impairment
- The medical costs you’ve accumulated
- Your medical costs
- Your lost wages and ability to earn an income in the future
- Your other out-of-pocket expenses incurred due to the accident and your injuries
It’s difficult to value non-economic losses, like mental anguish, PTSD, and pain and suffering. It’s also difficult to calculate future losses, such as any ongoing medical treatment you may require.
We’ll help you calculate the fair value of your claim. We may have to discuss your prognosis with your doctor and bring in experts to provide opinions and guidance regarding the extent of your injuries.
Call Our Fort Worth Car Accident Lawyers to Set Up a Free Consultation
Speak with an experienced injury lawyer at Anderson Injury Lawyers if you or a loved one has recently been injured in a car accident in Fort Worth, or Dallas TX. We understand how much it’s riding on the success of your fight for damages.
Our top-rated Fort Worth car accident lawyers will put decades of experience behind your fight for compensation and justice. Will work tirelessly to demand accountability and help you secure a financial award that fully reflects the pain and suffering you’ve endured.
Get a 100% free case evaluation, so please contact our law office to schedule yours today.
Fort Worth Car Accident Testimonial
Highly Rated Fort Worth, TX Auto Repair Shops
- All Auto Service- 1024 Alston Ave Fort Worth, TX 76104
- DFW Automotive Service – 3221 Joyce Dr Fort Worth, TX 76116
- Mike’s Brake & Alignment Shop – 3769 N Beach St Fort Worth, TX 76137
- Bill’s Half Price Auto Repair -10111 Harmon Road Fort Worth, TX 76117
- Lifetime Automotive – 4600 Granbury Road Fort Worth, TX 76133
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest-rated auto repair shops on Yelp.
Related Car Accident Blog Posts
- What To Do if Your Accident Claim Is Denied by the Insurance Company
- What If The Police Officer Didn’t Write a Report After My Accident?
- In Texas, Is a Rear-End Accident Automatically the Fault of the Driver Who Hit the Other?
- What If My Car Had Damages Prior the Accident?
- Car Collision with Bicyclists Leads to Strange Lawsuit Situation
Fort Worth Car Accident Resources
- Current Traffic Accidents in Fort Worth, TX
- Texas Laws Regarding Car Accidents
- Accident News and Resources
Fort Worth Car Accident Infographic
Our Fort Worth, TX personal injury law firm also provides:
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Daycare Injury Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Fort Worth