If you were harmed as a pedestrian in Dallas, TX, you might be entitled to recover damages. An experienced Dallas pedestrian accident lawyer at Anderson Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover fair compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering, call us at (214) 327-8000.
Our lawyers have been fighting to protect the rights of accident victims since 2007. Over the years, we’ve recovered more than $100,000,000 in compensation for our injured clients.
We’re always available to take your call, so contact our law firm in Dallas, Texas to schedule a free consultation today.
How Anderson Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Pedestrian Accident in Dallas
Pedestrians don’t have anything to protect them if they’re hit by a car. Because of that, pedestrians often suffer the most serious and painful injuries imaginable. It could take weeks or even months for your life to return to normal.
During that time, the financial strain can become a significant issue. If someone else caused your accident, you deserve to hold that person responsible. An experienced Dallas personal injury lawyer can help you get full and fair compensation for your injuries.
Our founding attorney is board-certified in personal injury trial law in Texas. We’ve earned a perfect-10.0 Superb Rating on Avvo and an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell. We’ve also been recognized for our skills by Super Lawyers and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
When you hire us, you’ll have an attorney to:
- Launch a comprehensive investigation into your accident
- Gather and evaluate all available evidence
- Hire experts who can help establish causation and assess your case value
- Defend you if you’re blamed for causing the accident
- Negotiate with the insurance companies and defense lawyers on your behalf
Our personal injury attorneys in Dallas stand up to big insurance companies every day. We know how to convince them to take your case seriously. All you have to do is call for the legal advice you deserve today.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents in Dallas?
Pedestrian accidents are a serious problem across the United States. In fact, studies show that pedestrian fatalities reached a 40-year high in 2021. At least 7,485 pedestrians were killed in motor vehicle accidents across the country in 2021.
New studies show that Texas can be particularly dangerous for pedestrians. Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA) research shows that pedestrian deaths in Dallas-Fort Worth have been increasing since 2018.
At least 5,366 pedestrian crashes were reported to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) in 2021. In those car accidents, at least 1,381 pedestrians sustained serious injuries. Another 824 pedestrians were killed in fatal pedestrian accidents statewide.
What is My Dallas Pedestrian Accident Case Worth?
Every personal injury case is different. Because pedestrian injuries tend to be particularly severe, it’s important to have an experienced lawyer evaluate your case value before taking any insurance settlement offer.
Our team at Anderson Injury Lawyers will carefully evaluate all of the facts when determining how much your personal injury claim is worth.
Some of the most important considerations include:
- The type and severity of your injuries
- The cost of your medical care
- Whether you’ll need ongoing medical treatment and rehabilitation
- Whether you’ll miss time at work
- Whether you’re expected to return to work in the same capacity
- How the injury will change your lifestyle
- Your emotional suffering and physical pain
Factors that are unique to your case can also impact your case value. Our lawyers have a proven track record of securing fair compensation for our clients. To learn more about how much your case is worth, you can call our law offices to schedule a free case review today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Pedestrian Accident Victims in Dallas?
Texas personal injury laws allow injured pedestrians to seek compensation for their economic and non-economic damages. If the at-fault party’s actions were especially shocking, you may be entitled to seek punitive damages to punish the defendant’s behavior.
Economic damages are your financial losses after an accident.
Injured victims are often entitled to compensation for:
- Current medical expenses
- Future medical care
- Lost wages
- Reduced future earning potential
- Nursing care
Many of these financial losses can be established using receipts and records. In particularly complex cases, expert testimony can help establish the value of your anticipated future expenses.
The cost of a serious injury often extends well beyond your monetary losses. Non-economic damages compensate victims for those personal, subjective losses that don’t have a clear dollar value.
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of quality of life
- Embarrassment or inconvenience
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Mental health issues, including anxiety and depression
- Loss of consortium
Our lawyers in Dallas can help you prove the value of your non-financial losses. Just give us a call for a free case evaluation today.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Pedestrian Accident in Texas?
You may be entitled to damages if you share some blame for the accident. Texas follows modified comparative negligence rules. If you’re less than 51% responsible for your accident, you can recover a portion of your compensation. The award will simply be reduced by your percentage of fault.
If you’re at least 51% responsible for causing the accident, you lose your right to pursue compensation entirely.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Pedestrians often suffer severe injuries when they’re hit by a car. Many injured pedestrians suffer multiple injuries–some of which can be life-altering.
At Anderson Injury Lawyers, our Dallas pedestrian accident attorneys often represent clients who have sustained:
- Traumatic brain injuries in Dallas, including concussions
- Spinal cord injuries
- Multiple broken bones
- Burns and road rash
- Degloving injuries
- Nerve injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Head and neck injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Chest injuries
- Back injuries
- Internal injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
You can count on our lawyers to pursue fair compensation for all of your injuries–no matter how minor or severe.
What Causes Most Pedestrian Accidents in Dallas, Texas?
Pedestrians are often injured because a driver was negligent.
Some common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving in Dallas
- Failure to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians in intersections or crosswalks
- Driving too close to the shoulder
- Dangerous turns
- Dallas speeding accidents and other traffic violations
- Aggressive driving
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
Of course, outside factors can also play a role in a crash. Malfunctioning traffic signals and negligently designed intersections can cause a pedestrian crash. So can a lack of sidewalks and other infrastructure designed to protect pedestrians.
In the end, multiple factors may have contributed to your accident. Our lawyers will investigate to identify every one of them. That way, we can demand fair compensation from everyone who shares responsibility for your injuries.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Pedestrian Accident in Texas?
To recover compensation after your accident, you’ll probably have to prove that someone else was negligent.
That means proving:
- The at-fault party owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached their duty
- The breach of duty directly caused your accident
- You were injured or sustained damages in the accident
All drivers have a duty to obey traffic laws and drive carefully to keep others safe. If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence, we can help you prove it.
Here are some examples of the types of evidence we’ll search for:
- Police reports
- Video surveillance footage
- Dash cam and traffic camera footage
- Eyewitnesses who can testify on your behalf
- Photos from the crash scene
- Medical records
- Expert testimony from medical experts, accident reconstruction specialists, and others
You don’t have to conduct an investigation into your case alone. We’re here to help with every aspect of your case while you focus on getting better. You can learn more about our legal experience and practice areas by contacting our offices for a free consultation today.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Pedestrian Accident in Texas?
Accident victims in the state of Texas have to file a personal injury lawsuit within two years of their accident. After the two-year statute of limitations expires, you lose your right to seek compensation in most cases.
There are cases where you might have more or less time to take legal action. That’s why it’s a good idea to speak with an experienced accident lawyer sooner rather than later.
Our lawyers will carefully monitor the deadline and take steps to preserve your right to sue for damages. To learn more about the deadline in your case, call for your free initial consultation today.
Contact a Dallas Pedestrian Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
You deserve the best possible legal representation if you were injured in an accident. At Anderson Injury Lawyers, we’re prepared to use our years of experience to your advantage. Our team is ready to get started today, so call to schedule a free consultation with a trusted Dallas pedestrian accident lawyer who can help.
Our Dallas, TX personal injury law firm also provides:
- Car Accident Attorneys in Dallas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Dallas
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Daycare Injury Attorneys in Dallas
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Dallas
- Child Injury Attorneys in Dallas
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Dallas
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys in Dallas
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dallas
- Product Liability Attorneys in Dallas
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Dallas
You can also visit Abogado de lesiones personales en Dallas