Are you struggling with a catastrophic injury because you were involved in an accident in Fort Worth, Texas? Don’t let those responsible for your life-changing trauma walk away without consequence. Call Anderson Injury Lawyers at (817) 294-1900 and have our award-winning Fort Worth catastrophic injury lawyers help you fight for the financial accountability you deserve.
Founding attorney Mark Anderson is a Board Certified civil trial attorney with over 30 years of legal experience. Together, he and the legal team at Anderson Injury Lawyers have won over $100 million in settlements and jury verdicts for seriously injured clients just like you.
Contact our law office in Fort Worth, TX to discover why we’re the advocates you’ll want standing beside you during this difficult time. We offer a free, no-obligation case evaluation and are ready to take your call today.
How Anderson Injury Lawyers Can Help If You’ve Suffered a Catastrophic Injury in Fort Worth, TX
By definition, a catastrophic injury changes your life. It’s disruptive, painful, and financially devastating. You deserve to have time to recover and get used to your new life. You also deserve to be fully compensated. It’s tough to focus on your recovery and a lawsuit at the same time and get the best possible results.
Fortunately, you’re not alone. Our top-rated Fort Worth personal injury attorneys are ready to stand up and be your most powerful ally. We’ll take on insurance companies, negligent parties, and anyone else who may try to stand between you and the compensation you deserve.
While you spend time recovering, our catastrophic injury attorneys in Fort Worth will:
- Handle all aspects of your personal injury claim for damages
- Ensure claims are filed within statutory requirements set by Texas state law
- Investigate the accident that caused you to suffer a catastrophic injury
- Determine who can be held financially accountable for your medical bills, lost wages, suffering, and other damages
- Gather evidence to establish a causal link between your catastrophic injury and the accident
- Negotiate a settlement with other parties
- Prepare your case for trial and bring it to a jury in Tarrant County, if necessary
The costs of a catastrophic injury can be monumental. You shouldn’t have to worry about the added cost of a lawyer. That’s why Anderson Injury Lawyers works on a contingency fee basis. You pay nothing to hire our law firm unless we win your catastrophic injury case. Call us to set up a time for a free case evaluation today.
What Is a Catastrophic Injury?
A catastrophic injury refers to severe trauma that:
- Occurs abruptly and without warning;
- Requires extensive medical treatment; and
- Fundamentally changes a victim’s life.
Typically, the following injuries are classified as catastrophic:
Does an injury have to be permanent to be catastrophic? Not necessarily. While permanent injuries and trauma are generally classified as catastrophic, other trauma that takes a considerable amount of time to heal can be catastrophic, too.
What Causes Most Catastrophic Injuries in Fort Worth?
Catastrophic injuries are unintentional and typically the result of a sudden, unexpected accident.
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Falls from heights
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Accidents involving defective products
- Swimming pool accidents
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice, and more
Anderson Injury Lawyers is ready to help you seek full compensation for your catastrophic injuries. During your free consultation, we’ll listen to your story, consider the facts and evidence, and offer some preliminary insight into what legal rights and options you may have.
How Much Is My Fort Worth Catastrophic Injury Case Worth?
A catastrophic injury can be costly. The lifetime cost of treatment for a brain injury can range between $85,000 and $3 million. Depending on the victim’s age and type of paralysis, a spinal cord injury can cost millions of dollars over the course of a lifetime. These are just economic expenses. When you factor in pain and suffering, the true cost of a catastrophic injury is much, much greater.
So how much money can you get if you file a catastrophic injury lawsuit?
It will depend on many factors, such as:
- Your age
- Your earning capacity (before and after you get hurt)
- The type of injury you’ve suffered
- Whether you’re expected to recover
- Whether you’ll require assistance performing daily tasks, like eating or bathing
- Shared fault and liability
- Steps you took (or didn’t take) to mitigate your catastrophic injury
The more severe your trauma and the more your life changes, the more you can typically expect to recover in a lawsuit or claim.
What Damages Can I Get If I File a Catastrophic Injury Lawsuit in Fort Worth?
Economic damages are awarded to make up for the monetary and financial expenses of a catastrophic injury.
This can include money for:
- Present and future medical bills
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and other types of therapeutic treatment
- Medical devices and equipment
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Lost wages and income
- Lost benefits
- Property damage
- Out-of-pocket costs, including transportation and travel to seek medical care
- Funeral and burial expenses if an accident is fatal
Non-economic damages compensate for trauma related to a catastrophic injury that’s difficult to value.
This can include money for:
- Chronic physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
In limited situations, punitive damages might also be available to victims of catastrophic injuries. However, under Texas law, there must be clear and convincing evidence that a defendant acted purposefully or displayed a reckless disregard for your safety.
Our Fort Worth catastrophic injury attorneys will work closely with experts who can provide important insight into your case. The more we can understand how your catastrophic injury affects your life, the better prepared we’ll be to secure a full financial award on your behalf.
Who Could Be Liable For My Catastrophic Injury?
Anyone who contributes to your catastrophic injury, either directly or indirectly, can be on the hook for resulting damages.
Depending on what type of accident you were in, this could include:
- Negligent motorists
- Property owners
- Government agencies
- Institutional organizations
Anderson Injury Lawyers will carefully consider the facts and evidence of your case, determine why it happened, and identify who’s at fault. Then we’ll aggressively pursue compensation from each and every liable party.
Can I Recover Compensation If I Share Blame For My Catastrophic Injury?
Yes, as long as you’re not primarily at fault. Texas has a modified comparative fault rule with a 51% bar. Once your liability exceeds half, you forfeit the right to recover compensation.
Sharing some blame will affect how much money you can get when your catastrophic injury case is resolved. Your financial award will be reduced based on your share of the blame. For instance, you’ll recover 90% of your damages if you are assigned 10% fault for the accident that caused you to get hurt.
Other parties will probably try to blame you. After all, the more fault you’re assigned, the less money they’ll have to pay if you win your claim or lawsuit. Anderson Injury Lawyers will be ready to defend you against these tactics. Not only will we demand proof of these allegations, but our attorneys will also work to disprove the claims and minimize your responsibility.
Is There a Time Limit For Filing a Catastrophic Injury Lawsuit in Texas?
Texas law provides a two-year statute of limitations for most personal injury cases. The second anniversary of the date you sustained your catastrophic injury will generally serve as the deadline for filing a lawsuit.
It’s important to take prompt action after you’ve suffered a catastrophic injury. Once the deadline that applies to your case expires, so does your ability to assert your rights and get the money you need.
You can protect yourself by hiring an experienced personal injury and wrongful death attorney near you in Fort Worth immediately after you suffer catastrophic trauma. We can begin to put your strategy for financial recovery into action the moment you ask for our help.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Trusted Fort Worth Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Have you suffered a catastrophic injury in an accident in Fort Worth, Texas? Contact Anderson Injury Lawyers. Our Fort Worth catastrophic injury lawyers are here to help you seek financial justice. We have the experience, resources, and reputation as top trial attorneys to get the results you deserve.
Call our law office in Fort Worth, TX to set up a time for a free initial case evaluation. Our caring team is always available to provide the guidance you need – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our Fort Worth, TX personal injury law firm also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Daycare Injury Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Fort Worth
If you were injured in Dallas you can also contact our Dallas Catastrophic Injury Lawyer.