You should always dial 911 after a car accident. The police will respond, and they should complete an accident report. But what happens if the officer doesn’t write a report after your accident? Read below to learn what your next steps should be.

If you are involved in a car accident and need legal advice, contact Anderson Injury Lawyers for guidance. Call us at (817) 294-1900 or use our online contact form to reach out.

What Should I Do if the Police Officer Doesn’t Write a Crash Report?

At the scene of an accident, you should always exchange information with the other drivers. Make sure you trade names, contact information, and insurance details. Take a picture of their insurance policy card if you can so you have the contact number of their insurance company and their policy number.

Then, contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Your attorney can use the information you collected at the scene to file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company.

Why Is the Police Accident Report Important?

The police report has information that would help your claim. For example, it may describe the accident and allocate fault. It will state whether any traffic tickets were issued as well as whether any laws were violated. This can help you establish fault.

The accident report will also collect information about other drivers, passengers, and witnesses. Names and contact information will be recorded on the report.

Can I Still File a Claim Without a Report?

If you don’t have a report detailing this information, you can still file a personal injury claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Anderson Injury Lawyers will conduct a full investigation of the crash and find out all of the information that should have been on the report.

We may even request a statement from the reporting police officer and experts to determine what happened.

Can I Get Compensation Without a Police Report?

Yes. You can get monetary compensation from the insurance company without a police report.

The crash report is just one piece of evidence that may be used to establish fault. Without it, we will use other types of evidence to get you what you deserve.
If you are involved in a crash, you can get money to cover the following losses:

Call Anderson Injury Lawyers After a Crash

If you or a loved one were involved in a crash, we can help you navigate a personal injury claim. Insurance companies will want as much evidence as possible to prove fault and secure that they are liable for your losses.

Contact Our Car Accident Law Firm in Texas

If you’ve been injured in an accident in Fort Worth or Dallas and need legal help, contact our car accident lawyers at Anderson Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation. We proudly serve Tarrant County, Dallas County, and throughout Texas.

Anderson Injury Lawyers – Fort Worth Office
1310 W El Paso St, Fort Worth, TX 76102
(817) 294-1900

Anderson Injury Lawyers – Fort Worth Office (Secondary)
6618 Fossil Bluff Dr # 108, Fort Worth, TX 76137
(817) 631-4113

Anderson Injury Lawyers – Dallas Office
408 W Eighth St Suite 202, Dallas, TX 75208
(214) 327-8000

Anderson Injury Lawyers – Dallas Office (Secondary)
6301 Gaston Ave suite 610, Dallas, TX 75214
(469) 457-4711