Were you or a loved one injured in a motorcycle accident in Dallas, TX? If you were hurt because someone else was careless, you may be entitled to compensation. An experienced Dallas motorcycle accident lawyer at Anderson Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering, give us a call at (214) 327-8000.
Our legal team is led by an attorney with over 30 years of experience fighting for accident victims. We’ve recovered hundreds of millions for our injured clients.
We handle personal injury cases like pedestrian accidents in Dallas, bicycle accidents in Dallas, electric scooter accidents in Dallas, wrongful death accidents in Dallas, TX, and more practice areas around the area.
We’d be happy to use our skills to your advantage. To learn more about getting legal representation, contact our law offices in Dallas, Texas to schedule a free consultation today.
How Anderson Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Motorcycle Accident in Dallas
Motorcycle accidents often leave bikers struggling with the most severe injuries imaginable. Even while you’re struggling with painful injuries, don’t expect the insurance company to make recovering fair compensation easy. In fact, they’ll probably make you jump through hoops to recover any compensation at all.
Let our experienced Dallas injury lawyers protect your interests while you recover.
When you hire Anderson Injury Lawyers, you’ll have a tireless advocate to:
- Investigate to find out who and what caused your accident
- Stand up for you if the insurance company tries to pin the blame on you
- Calculate the fair value of your personal injury claim
- Consult top-rated experts to help value your case and establish liability
- Handle all insurance negotiations and communications
- Advocate for you at trial if necessary
Our team is led by a Texas board-certified personal injury trial lawyer. Our Dallas personal injury attorneys have also been recognized by Super Lawyers, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and Texas Magazine’s Top Attorneys.
We know the stakes are high if you were seriously hurt. Give us a call anytime to learn more about how creating an attorney-client relationship can help with your case.
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Dallas, TX?
About 443,000 motorcycles are registered in the state of Texas. That makes Texas the third most popular state in the U.S. for motorcyclists. Unfortunately, it also means that more motorcycle accidents happen in Texas than in most other states.
Over 7,000 motorcycle crashes were reported across the state of Texas in 2020. At least 4,380 motorcycle wrecks caused some type of injury–and police suspect that 1,821 of those injuries were serious.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, 482 motorcyclists were killed in fatal motor vehicle accidents in 2020. Approximately 49% of all motorcyclists who were killed weren’t wearing a helmet.
What is My Dallas Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
The unsatisfying answer is that every case is different.
However, nearly all cases have one thing in common: the insurance company will try to convince you to accept less money than you deserve. So, it’s important to have an experienced lawyer help you calculate the value of your personal injury case before accepting a settlement offer.
The value of your case will depend on the facts of your case, including:
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- The cost of your medical treatment
- The duration of your recovery
- Your expected prognosis
- How the injuries impact your work and quality of life
- The value of your lost wages and income
- Whether you suffered any mental trauma or PTSD
The insurance company might try to scare you by focusing on different factors. They might claim you caused the accident. They might even claim that your injuries were pre-existing or that you failed to mitigate your damages.
You don’t have to let the insurance company push you around. To learn more about the value of your case, call our experienced Dallas motorcycle accident attorneys for a free case review today. We’ll help you understand your case value and stop the insurance scare tactics.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Motorcycle Accident Victims?
Accident victims in the state of Texas are entitled to pursue compensation to make them “whole” again after an accident. You’re entitled to seek compensation for your economic and non-economic losses.
Examples of your economic, or financial, damages may include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Medications and medical devices
- Nursing care and in-home assistance
- Home and vehicle modifications
- Property damage
Examples of your subjective, non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Chronic pain
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Loss of consortium
Texas courts rarely award punitive damages. When they do, those damages are designed to punish the at-fault party for intentional wrongdoing or especially shocking acts.
Regardless of the facts, you can count on our lawyers to pursue the full compensation you deserve. Call our legal team to get started today.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
Insurance companies love to blame motorcycle riders for causing accidents. If they succeed, you could walk away with nothing.
Texas follows a modified comparative negligence law with a 51% bar to recovery. As a victim, you can recover damages as long as you were less than 51% responsible for the accident. If your share of fault was 51% or more, you can’t seek damages for your injuries.
Shared fault rules can also limit the value of your settlement if you were only partly responsible. If the insurance company manages to pin 30% of the blame on you, you can only take home 70% of your compensation.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Even with a helmet and other safety gear, bikers are always vulnerable to serious injuries. Motorcycles simply can’t provide the same protection as passenger vehicles in a car accident.
At Anderson Injury Lawyers, we’re prepared to fight for fair compensation for all of your injuries, including:
- Burns, road rash, and degloving injuries
- Broken bones
- Head and neck injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Nerve injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Paralysis, including paraplegia and quadriplegia
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
You don’t have to let your injuries stand in the way of getting the legal advice you deserve. If you can’t make it into the office for a consultation, our lawyers would be happy to come to you. Just call our law firm to schedule your free case evaluation today.
What Causes Most Motorcycle Accidents in Dallas, Texas?
Motorcycles have every right to share the roads with passenger vehicles. Still, motorcycle wrecks often happen because drivers aren’t paying attention to smaller vehicles.
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Dallas include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Failure to signal before changing lanes
- Lane splitting
- Tailgating and other aggressive driving behavior
- Passing too closely
- Riding in a vehicle’s blind spot
- Dangerous turns
- Inexperienced drivers
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Other traffic violations
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Dangerous road conditions
- Defective vehicles or defective safety equipment
Sometimes, multiple factors play a role in causing a crash. You can count on our lawyers to identify each party that shares responsibility for your accident. That way, we can demand fair compensation from everyone who contributed to your accident.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
If you were hurt because of someone else’s careless, reckless, or wrongful acts, you have the right to seek compensation from the at-fault party or their insurance company. Still, as the victim, you have to prove fault to recover damages.
Most motorcycle accident claims are based on negligence.
The four elements of a successful negligence claim are:
In other words, you’ll have to prove that the at-fault party’s careless or reckless acts directly caused your injuries.
Many types of evidence can be valuable in proving your negligence case, including:
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Video surveillance footage
- Video footage from dash cams and traffic lights
- Witness statements
- Photos of the crash scene
- Opinions from accident reconstruction specialists
Gathering this evidence can take time and energy. Our lawyers in Dallas are here to help in any way we can, so call for a free case review today.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
Texas personal injury laws typically give motorcycle accident victims two years to file a lawsuit for damages. The two-year statute of limitations starts to run on the day of your accident. Once two years pass, you forfeit your right to file a personal injury lawsuit for damages.
Contact a Dallas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Money may be the last thing on your mind if you were seriously injured. Still, it’s important to learn about your legal options sooner rather than later. Call Anderson Injury Lawyers today to schedule your free consultation with an experienced Dallas motorcycle accident lawyer who can help.
Highly Rated Dallas Chiropractors
- 100% Chiropractic – Dallas – 7324 Gaston Ave Ste 118 Dallas, TX 75214
- Inwood Chiropractic and Wellness Center – 5310 Harvest Hill Rd Ste 135 Dallas, TX 75230
- Action Chiropractic – Corey Skinner, DC – 5400 E Mockingbird Ln Ste 214 Dallas, TX 75206
- Elite Care Professionals – 2609 N Carroll St Dallas, TX 75204
- Manning Wellness Clinic – 2702 McKinney Ave Ste 202 Dallas, TX 75204
Dallas Motorcycle Accident Testimonial
Our Dallas, TX personal injury law firm also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Daycare Injury Attorneys in Dallas
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Dallas
- Child Injury Attorneys in Dallas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Dallas
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Dallas
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys in Dallas
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dallas
- Product Liability Attorneys in Dallas
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Dallas