Have you suffered injuries in an accident in Austin, TX? You may be entitled to a sizable financial award to compensate for your medical care, lost wages, and suffering. The experienced Austin personal injury lawyers at Anderson Injury Lawyers are here to help you get every cent you deserve.
Since 2007, our award-winning law firm has been an ally to accident victims and families in Texas. Collectively, our top-rated attorneys have decades of experience and have won hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of clients like you.
Contact our law office, conveniently located in Austin, Texas, to find out how we can help you, too. Your first consultation is free, and our legal team is standing by to take your call now.
Table of Contents
How Can Anderson Injury Lawyers Help Me With My Austin Personal Injury Case?
You have the ability to choose your lawyer. Choose wisely. Anderson Injury Lawyers is led by Mark Anderson, who is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law. That’s a distinction held by just 2 percent of all attorneys in the state of Texas. He’s demonstrated a superior ability to handle and try tough cases at trial and has gained the respect and esteem of his peers.
Here’s what you can expect when you choose Anderson Injury Lawyers to represent you after an unexpected accident in Austin, Texas.
- We’ll level the playing field. Insurance companies and big corporations will have the advantage from the start of your claim. That is, until you put our nationally-recognized trial attorneys in your corner. Hiring our law firm shows the other side that you’re serious about getting the money you deserve.
- Benefit from experts. When you hire our law firm, you don’t just get an attorney. You get a team with resources. That includes a network of experts and specialists who can provide critical insight into your personal injury case.
- We’ll defend you against victim-blaming strategies. Under Texas law, you can lose the right to compensation if you’re assigned most of the blame for your accident. Sharing some blame will affect how much money you can get. Insurance companies and other parties may try to say that you’re at fault – in an effort to limit how much they’ll have to pay. We’ll be ready for these tactics and work to limit your liability.
- We’ll give you the opportunity to rest. Now is the time to focus on getting better. After all, the more you can take care of yourself, the better the odds of a full physical (and emotional) recovery. Our attorneys will handle your case from start to finish so that you can concentrate on your health and well-being.
Our Austin personal injury attorneys offer a free consultation, so don’t hesitate to reach out to arrange a time for yours today.
What is a Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury case is a civil claim where one person, the plaintiff, gets hurt and seeks damages from another person, the defendant. A personal injury case typically takes one of two forms: a private insurance claim or a civil personal injury lawsuit.
Personal injury cases typically start as a fight for insurance benefits between a victim and an at-fault party’s insurance company. If insurance benefits aren’t enough to cover the victim’s damages – or if an insurance company denies a claim – the victim may decide to pursue damages by filing a lawsuit.
Based on tort law, most personal injury cases are based on negligence. Negligence essentially means that one person owes another person a duty of care, breaches it, and causes that person to get hurt.
However, not all personal injury claims involve negligence. Some are based on strict liability, while others involve intentionally harmful conduct.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
You might have a personal injury case if you were harmed by another person’s negligent or wrongful actions.
You could have a personal injury case if you got hurt:
- Because of a dangerous or defective product
- While you were a guest on someone else’s property
- As a result of a medical error or substandard medical care
- While working in Austin, Texas
- When you were assaulted or attacked
If you can establish that someone harmed you intentionally, failed to act reasonably under the circumstances, or can be held strictly liable for your injuries, you may have a personal injury case.
How Much is My Personal Injury Case Worth in Austin?
The value of a personal injury case depends on many different factors, including:
- What type of accident were you involved in?
- Do you share responsibility for your accident?
- What types of injuries have you suffered?
- How old were you when you got hurt?
- What are your out-of-pocket costs?
- Has your injury prevented you from working?
- What type of insurance benefits are available?
As a general rule of thumb, you can expect cases involving catastrophic injuries and death to be worth the most. However, you’ll also have to factor in how your life changes after your accident. The more you have to change your day-to-day routine, and the greater the impact on your overall well-being, the more your claim may be worth.
We Handle All Types of Personal Injury Cases in Austin, Texas
At Anderson Injury Lawyers, we exclusively represent clients whose lives have been turned upside down because of avoidable accidents.
Whether you’ve personally been affected or watched a family member suffer, we’ll be there for you after your accident in Austin.
Contact us for assistance regarding personal injury cases involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accident
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Premises liability matters
- Defective products and product liability
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Medical malpractice
- Daycare accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Brain injury
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death
- And more
We’re here to listen to your story and help you understand what legal options you may have. Give us a call to begin your journey toward a substantial monetary award today.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Texas?
Texas has a two-year statute of limitations that applies to most personal injury lawsuits. So, you’ll generally have two years from the date of an accident or victim’s death to file a claim for damages.
There are some exceptions. For instance, children will have two years from the date they turn 18 to file a lawsuit – as long as a parent or guardian hasn’t filed a claim on their behalf before that. For cases involving government negligence, you’ll have a matter of months – not years – to take action.
You will lose the ability to file a lawsuit and recover compensation if you miss the deadline for your case. Speak with an experienced personal injury attorney in Austin to safeguard your rights today.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Austin, TX?
Personal injury lawyers work on what’s known as a contingency fee basis. The cost of the lawyer is contingent – or dependent upon – the outcome of the case. You only pay for their representation if they win your case.
No win, no fee.
How much you’ll pay will depend on a variety of factors, such as the type of case you have, how challenging it may be, and the attorney’s experience and geographic location. Generally, however, personal injury lawyers are paid between one-third and 40 percent of a client’s financial award.
Anderson Injury Lawyers is transparent about legal fees and the cost of hiring our personal injury law firm. Do not hesitate to ask us questions about our fee structure and what you can expect to pay if you hire us to represent you.
Why Choose Anderson Injury Lawyers?
You deserve an experienced and passionate advocate in your corner during this difficult time in your life. That’s why Anderson Injury Lawyers should be your first call.
- Attorney Mark Anderson is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Our attorneys have 10.0 ratings on Avvo.
- We’re rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell (there’s nothing higher).
- We’ve been recognized as Super Lawyers and a “Top Attorney” by Texas Magazine.
- We’re members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
- We were listed as Expertise Best Car Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth (2021).
Ultimately, we go above and beyond for our clients – because their futures are in our hands. You’ve got one shot at a financial recovery after your accident. We’ll do whatever we can to make sure that you get the substantial monetary award you deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Austin Personal Injury Lawyer
Your first case evaluation with our award-winning Austin personal injury lawyers is free. Call our law office serving Austin, Texas to arrange a time for yours today. Our team is always standing by to provide the guidance you need – 24/7/365.