Being involved in an automobile accident is a terrifying experience. Anxiety, bodily injury, money troubles, and emotional distress can all result in long-term pain and suffering. Worse, you may discover that your passenger’s negligence is to blame for the car accident and your injuries.
Our Fort Worth passenger negligence lawyers at Anderson Injury Lawyers recognize the emotional distress that victims face under these difficult circumstances. The client is frequently conflicted about holding the passenger accountable for the damages because of their relationship.
If you were hurt in a car accident due to the activities of your passenger, regardless of your connection with them, they are accountable for your injuries.
Anderson Injury Lawyers is a skilled Fort Worth, TX personal injury law firm prepared to fight for the financial award you deserve. Contact us at (214) 327-8000 today for a free consultation.
Why Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer If My Passenger Was Negligent in Fort Worth?
Circumstances regarding a passenger’s behavior can be tricky. Don’t try to figure it all out on your own. Proving that the passenger was indeed at fault for the accident typically requires the services of a legal professional who works on passenger negligence cases.
At Anderson Injury Lawyers, our Fort Worth personal injury lawyers will handle all aspects of your case, including:
- Taking care of all correspondence with the passenger as well as the insurance company
- Investigating and collecting any relevant evidence, including crash reports, witness testimonials, and medical documentation
- Consulting doctors, insurance agents, and automotive specialists
You’ve earned time to relax and recover from your injuries following an accident. You can trust our car accident attorneys with your case. There’s too much at stake to go with a firm with less experience and skill. It’s not worth the risk.
We’ll fight to get you the compensation you need. Don’t hesitate to contact us at our Fort Worth, Texas law office to set up a free consultation.
Can a Passenger Be Held Responsible for a Car Accident in Fort Worth, TX?
Yes. A passenger can be held accountable for any wrongdoing that led to the accident.
This can include disruptive, drunken behavior, a physical conflict, or actions that distract the driver. Even conversing with the driver during a stressful situation, such as navigating heavy road construction, can result in a serious collision.
The examples below illustrate passenger negligence:
- Any activity that distracts or jeopardizes the safety of those in the car may be considered passenger negligence
- Disagreements between the passenger and the driver that distract the driver and cause the driver to violate traffic laws, resulting in a crash
- The passenger causes the collision by grabbing the steering wheel and swerving, causing the driver to lose control of the vehicle
- The passenger covers the driver’s eyes or otherwise impedes the driver’s vision
- The driver gets distracted by a passenger who draws the driver’s attention elsewhere (e.g., points to the roadside or something in the passenger’s hand, such as a phone or map)
All of these scenarios could be characterized as negligence on the passenger’s part.
Our Fort Worth personal injury attorneys will conduct a comprehensive investigation to gather information that will help prove you weren’t at fault for the crash.
How To Prove Your Passenger Negligence Case in Fort Worth, Texas
Various criteria must be established to prove that your passenger was negligent in their behavior:
- Duty of care: The passenger had a duty to act responsibly
- Breach of duty: The passenger failed to act responsibly
- Causation: The victim’s injury was caused by the passenger’s failure to act responsibly
- Damages: The victim suffered actual injury or loss
These elements of negligence must be proven for you to receive compensation for common injuries like:
- Neck injury
- Passenger Injury
- Broken Bones
- Seat Belt Injury
- Nerve Damage
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
Establishing negligence is not a simple task. This is another reason that having an experienced attorney on your side can make all the difference.
Contact Our Fort Worth, TX Auto Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation
If you have been injured as a result of passenger negligence in Fort Worth, TX, contact Anderson Injury Lawyers for a free initial consultation. We’ll review your case and discuss your legal options with you.
The state of Texas has a two-year statute of limitations for you to file a lawsuit. If you fail to file within this window of time, you could forfeit your right to sue for compensation. Don’t risk missing important deadlines. Let us oversee those details.
Our car accident lawyers will do everything in our power to get you a fair settlement offer. If the offer is unreasonable, we won’t hesitate to take your case to trial and represent you in court.
To talk with our personal injury lawyers in Fort Worth, give us a call today. The sooner we get started, the sooner you can get the financial resources you need to begin healing from your injuries.
Other Common Car Accident Claims We Handle in Fort Worth
Our law firm handles all types of car accident cases like:
- Intersection Crashes
- DUI Accident
- Highway Crashes
- Hit & Run Accidents
- Left-Turn Accident
- Multi-Vehicle Car Crashes
- Rear-End Collisions
- Speeding Accidents
- Red and Yellow Light Accidents
- Head-On Crashes
- Fatal Car Crash
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Lane Change Crashes
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- Self-Driving Car Accidents
- Single-Vehicle Accidents
- U-Turn Car Accidents
- Passenger Negligence