Were you recently involved in an accident with a big rig, tractor-trailer, or another large commercial truck in Fort Worth, Texas? You may be entitled to compensation from the negligent truck driver, trucking company, or other responsible parties. The experienced Fort Worth truck accident lawyers at Anderson Injury Lawyers are here to help you fight to win your case and get all of the money you deserve, call us at (817) 294-1900.
Our law firm is led by Mark Anderson, a Board Certified, AV-rated litigator with over 30 years of experience. Collectively we’ve won hundreds of millions on behalf of injury victims and families across the state of Texas.
When your world has been turned upside down because of a truck accident, know that you can count on us to help you get top results in your case, too. Contact our law office serving Fort Worth, TX to arrange a time for your free initial case evaluation today.
Table of Contents
How Our Fort Worth Personal Injury Lawyers Can Assist After a Collision With a Big Rig or Tractor-Trailer
Personal injury cases involving large trucks can be complicated. There tends to be a lot of money at stake and many parties involved. It’s not something you need to worry about while also trying to recover from your catastrophic truck accident injuries.
Fortunately, you don’t have to go through this alone. You can have the opportunity to focus on getting better while also putting yourself in a great position to win your case and secure the compensation you deserve.
That’s why our Fort Worth personal injury lawyers should be your first call after your truck accident.
When you hire us, we’ll:
- Coordinate a thorough investigation
- Consult with leading truck accident injury experts and specialists
- Gather critical pieces of evidence, including accident reports, medical records, commercial vehicle maintenance logs, truck black box recordings, pre-inspection reports, witness statements, and more
- Protect you against victim-blaming strategies designed to hurt your chances of winning your case
- Negotiate with insurance companies and other parties to get you the best possible terms in a settlement agreement
- Have a respected trial attorney bring your case to a jury in Tarrant County if you’re not offered a fair deal
Our goal is to get you the best possible outcome as quickly as possible. However, we will never sacrifice the quality of our representation or the value of your case for a quick deal. We are ready to invest whatever time and resources are necessary to help you walk away with a check that represents the pain and suffering you have endured.
We offer a free consultation and work on a contingency basis. This means you pay nothing unless and until we win your truck accident case. Give us a call or reach out to us online to learn more.
How Common Are Large Truck Accidents in Texas?
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were 23,967 accidents involving trucks across the state of Texas in 2020. Another 22,214 accidents involved tractor-trailers and semi-trucks.
That’s more than 46,000 truck accidents in the Lone Star State in a single year.
About two-thirds of these truck accidents occurred in urban parts of the state, like Fort Worth.
How Much Money Can I Get If I’ve Been Hurt in a Commercial Truck Accident in Fort Worth?
Trucks can do considerable damage when they are involved in a traffic accident with other vehicles. It’s not surprising that the injuries victims sustain, especially pedestrians and occupants of smaller vehicles, tend to be catastrophic.
When injuries are catastrophic, the value of related personal injury cases tends to be quite high.
However, every case is incredibly different. There are many important factors to consider during the valuation process, including:
- What types of injuries did you sustain?
- Are you expected to make a full physical recovery?
- Will you suffer from a disability? If so, will that disability be temporary or permanent?
- How old were you when you got hurt in your truck accident?
- Did your own negligence play a role in causing the truck accident?
- Did you take proper steps to mitigate your injuries?
- What will it cost to replace or repair damage to your car or property?
- What kind of pain and suffering have you endured as a truck accident victim?
The more serious your injuries and the more significant the impact those injuries have on your ability to live your life, the more your case will likely be worth.
Every case is incredibly different, so it is essential to discuss the facts of your case with an experienced personal injury attorney in Fort Worth. Contact Anderson Injury Lawyers to set up a time for a free case evaluation with a member of our respected legal team today.
What Are the Leading Causes of Truck Accidents in Fort Worth?
Most truck accidents are entirely avoidable. They just shouldn’t happen. Truck drivers have to obtain a CDL, which requires both knowledge and skills tests. Trucking companies and operations are highly regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Texas state law. Other motorists on the road must exercise care and caution, as well.
Unfortunately, truck accidents happen all too often in Fort Worth. This is usually because someone is negligent.
Negligence is a failure to demonstrate reasonable care under the circumstances, which, in turn, causes someone else to get hurt.
Some common examples of negligence that contribute to truck accidents in Texas include:
- Driver distraction
- Drunk driving
- Fatigued driving and violations of FMCSA hours of service regulations
- Failure to perform pre and post-trip inspections
- Failure to maintain trucks in good working operation
- Negligent hiring
- Unsafe turns
- Illegal passing
Dangerous road conditions, road defects, defective trucks and equipment, tire blowouts, and bad weather can also contribute to trucking accidents in Texas.
What Kinds of Damages Are Available to Fort Worth Truck Accident Victims?
Economic damages are paid to make up for the financial costs of your truck accident, such as:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Lost benefits
- Property damage
- Nursing care
- Other out-of-pocket costs
Non-economic damages are paid to compensate for things like the pain and suffering you experience because of your accident.
These damages are typically very personal and can include:
- Reduced quality of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Mental anguish
- Physical pain
- Loss of consortium
If you’re injured because of gross negligence or malicious or fraudulent behavior, punitive damages may also be available.
An Accident Involving a Large Truck Can Cause Catastrophic Injuries or Wrongful Death
At Anderson Injury Lawyers, we exclusively represent victims of tragic and avoidable accidents in Fort Worth, Texas.
Don’t hesitate to contact us for assistance with your personal injury case if you’ve been in a truck accident and suffered:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Burn injury
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Crushing injury
- Chest injury
- Internal damage
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Get to the hospital or seek medical attention as soon as possible after your trucking accident. This will help limit the risk of complications and strengthen your claim for damages, should you decide to pursue compensation.
Who Can Be Liable in a Texas Truck Accident Case?
Under Texas state law, anyone who contributes to an accident can be on the hook for resulting damages.
After a thorough investigation, our truck accident attorneys in Fort Worth may discover that one or more of the following parties shares blame:
- Negligent truck driver
- Trucking company
- Freight broker
- Vehicle manufacturer
- Truck mechanic
- Negligent third party motorist
- Government agencies
- Property owners
- Employers of at-fault parties
It’s also possible that you could share some responsibility for your truck accident. Texas has a modified comparative negligence rule with a 51% bar to recovery.
So, you can file a successful claim for damages and walk away with compensation if you share fault. However, your liability must be less than 51%. Your damages will also be reduced to reflect your role in the accident.
What’s the Statute of Limitations For a Truck Accident Lawsuit in Fort Worth, TX?
Texas has a two-year statute of limitations that applies to truck accident lawsuits. This means that you will have two years from the date of your truck crash to file a claim with your local court.
This might seem like a lot of time, but it will go by before you know it. Once the deadline passes and you’ve done nothing, you’ll have forfeited your right to secure compensation from those responsible.
Arrange a Free Consultation With an Experienced Fort Worth Truck Accident Lawyer
Were you or a loved one recently involved in a truck accident in Fort Worth or Dallas Texas? If so, contact Anderson Injury Lawyers for immediate legal assistance. You may have the right to recover compensation, and our Fort Worth truck accident lawyers can help you fight for all of the money you deserve.
Your first consultation is free, and our team is available to take your call 24/7. Reach out for assistance today.
Highly Rated Fort Worth Physical Therapists
- Sports Rehabilitation Specialists – 1901 Cooper St Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Ried Physical Therapy – 6145 Wedgwood Dr Fort Worth, TX 76133
- Vista Physical Therapy – 8708 Medical City Way Fort Worth, TX 76177
- The Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Institute – 2901 Acme Brick Plaza Fort Worth, TX 76109
- Bonnette Elite Physical Therapy & Wellness – 9660 Bartlett Circle, Suite 708 Fort Worth, TX 76108
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest-rated physical therapists on Yelp.
Fort Worth Truck Accident Testimonial
Our Fort Worth, TX personal injury law firm also provides:
- Car Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Daycare Injury Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Fort Worth
You can also contact our Dallas truck accident lawyer.