Car accidents in Fort Worth, Texas, can be a traumatic experience for those involved. The aftermath often comes with medical appointments and insurance claims. If you’ve been injured in an accident, hiring a Fort Worth car accident attorney is one of the best decisions you can make to help you navigate the complex legal process.
Anderson Injury Lawyers has decades of combined legal experience. We know how to get you the compensation you’re entitled to. If you’ve experienced a car accident in Fort Worth, TX, contact us today at (817) 294-1900 to schedule a free consultation with a car accident lawyer.
How Anderson Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Accident in Fort Worth
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Fort Worth, TX, hiring a car accident lawyer is an essential step to recovering proper compensation.
Anderson Injury Lawyers has decades of experience in personal injury and trial law. We’ve recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our injured clients.
Here’s what we can do for you:
- We will analyze the facts and circumstances surrounding your car accident and provide you with a thorough assessment of your case.
- We understand the tactics insurance adjusters use to reduce or deny claims and can help you negotiate a fair and just compensation for your losses.
- We can ensure that the necessary evidence is collected, preserved, and presented in the best possible manner. This may include obtaining police reports, reviewing medical records, consulting with expert witnesses, and reconstructing the accident scene if needed.
- If your case does not settle out of court, our legal team can represent you in a trial and present a strong case in front of the jury
Contact Anderson Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation with a Fort Worth car accident attorney.
How Common Are Car Accidents?
Car accidents are a serious issue in Texas and Tarrant County, where Fort Worth is located. According to statistics, Texas had a motor vehicle accident death toll of 4,481 in 2022, with September being the deadliest month (427 fatalities) and July 22nd being the deadliest day (31 fatalities).
Texas recorded 15,299 serious injury crashes in 2022. Surprisingly, there were no deathless days on Texas roadways throughout the entire year of 2022.
In 2022, Tarrant County witnessed 208 fatal crashes and over 1,000 suspected serious injuries, emphasizing the severity of road accidents in the county.
Overview of Car Accidents
Car accidents are unfortunately a common occurrence on roads worldwide. With a myriad of potential causes, ranging from human error to mechanical failure, accidents can happen at any time to anyone. It’s helpful to understand the causes, potential accident liability, and what to do after a car crash.
What Causes Car Accidents?
There are numerous contributing factors to car accidents, which most commonly include the following:
- Distracted driving: A primary cause of car accidents involves drivers who lose focus on the road due to distractions such as texting, eating, or adjusting car controls.
- Drunk driving: Alcohol impairs drivers’ reaction times, judgment, and coordination, often resulting in DUI accidents.
- Speeding: Driving faster than the posted speed limit or too fast for road conditions greatly increases the chances of an accident.
- Aggressive driving: Tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, and other dangerous maneuvers can put other road users at risk.
- Poor vehicle maintenance: Failing to maintain a car, especially its tires and brakes, can lead to accidents when critical systems fail during a drive.
- Faulty car parts: Defective or malfunctioning parts can cause problems such as unintended acceleration or loss of steering control.
Contact us today if you’ve been injured in an accident due to these or other causes.
Car accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, from minor to severe and even life-threatening. Some common injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Seat belt injuries
- Nerve Damage
- Passenger injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal injuries
Determining responsibility for a car accident can be a complex process, involving numerous factors and potentially multiple liable parties. Some of the most common parties that could be liable include the following:
The Injured Party
There are scenarios where the person injured in a car accident may be held partially or entirely responsible for causing the accident. This can occur if the injured individual was acting negligently or violating traffic laws at the time of the collision.
In cases where the injured party is partially at fault, their potential compensation would be reduced proportionally based on their degree of fault.
In many car accident cases, one of the drivers involved is found to be responsible for causing the collision, usually due to negligence or a violation of traffic laws. Some common examples of negligence include passenger negligence, distracted driving, speeding, running red lights or stop signs, and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Manufacturer of a Defective Part
If it’s determined that a car accident was caused by a defective vehicle part (such as faulty brakes or a malfunctioning airbag system), the manufacturer of that part may be held responsible for the damages from the accident. This would occur under the legal theory of product liability, which holds manufacturers and sellers responsible for injuries caused by defective products.
What To Do When Injured in a Car Accident
Car accidents are an unfortunate reality that many drivers will face at some point in their lives. Knowing the right steps to take immediately after an accident can be crucial in ensuring the safety of all parties involved, as well as protecting your own interests in the aftermath.
Assess the Situation
The first and most important step after an accident is assessing the situation. Check yourself and anyone else involved in the accident for injuries. If anyone needs immediate medical attention, call an ambulance.
Report the Accident
If the accident is severe or involves injuries or significant property damage, you must report it to the police. This step is essential, as a police report will be a significant piece of evidence in any insurance or legal claims.
Document the Accident
Once you are able, start documenting the details of the accident. Take photographs or videos of the scene, including the vehicles involved, as well as any noticeable road defects or conditions and traffic signs or signals. Additionally, take down names and contact information from any witnesses that might be present.
Seek Medical Attention
Even if you think your injuries are minor, it’s crucial to seek medical attention right away, as delaying treatment can worsen the condition or affect your ability to claim compensation.
Consult with an Attorney
If you have been injured in a car accident, it’s crucial to consult with an attorney experienced in handling personal injury cases. An attorney can guide you through the process of filing insurance claims, seeking compensation, and ensuring your rights are protected.
Calculate Your Damages
Another important step that your attorney can help you with is to calculate your economic and non-economic damages. This means making a list of any losses and expenses you’ve incurred as a result of the accident, such as:
To accurately calculate your damages, gather all relevant documentation, including medical records and bills, pay stubs and W-2 forms, repair estimates or receipts, and any other information that could support your claim.
Never Admit Fault
Finally, never admit fault after you’re injured in an accident, even if you believe you’re partially responsible. By admitting fault, you could inadvertently jeopardize your injury claim, reduce your compensation, or even be held financially responsible for the accident.
Instead, let the law enforcement officers investigate the accident and allow your personal injury attorney to handle any discussions related to fault with insurance adjusters.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Fort Worth Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents in Fort Worth,TX can be devastating, leaving drivers and passengers with injuries that range from minor to life-threatening. You may face extended hospital stays, lengthy recovery times, and the loss of income due to missed work.
Fortunately, the assistance of a car accident lawyer can help you begin the legal process of seeking compensation for your injuries. For help, contact Anderson Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation with a Fort Worth car accident attorney.
Common types of car accident cases we handle include:
- Fatal Car Crashes
- Head-On Crashes
- Highway Crashes
- Hit & Run Accidents
- Intersection Crashes
- Lane Change Crashes
- Left-Turn Accident
- Multi-Vehicle Car Crashes
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Rollover Accidents
- Self-Driving Car Accidents
- Single-Vehicle Accidents
- SUV Rollover Accident
- U-Turn Car Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Claims
Additional Fort Worth Car Accident Resources
- Car Accident FAQs
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit-and-Run Accident in Fort Worth?
- How Does Car Insurance Work in the State of Texas?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take To Settle in Fort Worth?
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Texas
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in Fort Worth
- Texas Car Accident Claim Process
- What Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do?
- Who Is at Fault for My Car Accident?