Were you or a family member injured while riding a bicycle in Dallas, TX? You may be able to seek financial compensation from the at-fault parties. An experienced Dallas bicycle accident lawyer at Anderson Injury Lawyers can help you fight to secure fair compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other losses, call us at (214) 327-8000.
Our founding attorney has over 30 years of experience handling personal injury cases like yours. Over the years, our team has recovered over $100,000,000 to help accident victims move forward with their lives.
If you were hurt, our lawyers are here to help. Just contact our law offices in Dallas, Texas to schedule a free consultation today.
How Anderson Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Bicycle Accident in Dallas, TX
Bicyclists often suffer the most severe injuries in a motor vehicle accident. If you were injured, you might also be dealing with significant financial stress. Medical care is expensive, and loss of income, while you’re recovering only, makes things more difficult.
A personal injury lawyer in Dallas, TX can help you fight to hold the at-fault parties accountable. Our founding attorney is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. We’ve been rated by Super Lawyers and earned an AV-Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
When you hire our legal team at Anderson Injury Lawyers, you’ll have a lawyer to:
- Investigate the circumstances of your accident
- Determine causation and establish liability
- Assess the value of your case
- Protect you if you’re blamed for the accident
- Consult experts throughout the legal process
- Force the insurance company to take you seriously
- Negotiate for the maximum compensation you deserve
If you were injured, our Dallas personal injury attorneys can use our experience to your advantage. Insurance companies know that we aren’t afraid to take your case to trial. That makes them much more likely to offer a fair settlement.
Ready to learn more? Contact our lawyers to schedule a free initial consultation today.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in Dallas?
2,265 bicycle accidents were reported to the Texas Department of Transportation in 2021; 332 people were seriously injured, and another 90 people were killed in those crashes. Hundreds more suffered injuries that were classified as minor.
Compared to other Texas cities, Dallas is particularly dangerous for cyclists. While the city is making attempts to improve bike lanes and other infrastructure, recent reports estimate that the city has only 5.3 miles of protected bike lanes.
What is My Dallas Bicycle Accident Case Worth?
At Anderson Injury Lawyers, we know that no two cases are exactly alike. Before we file a claim with insurance, we take the time to evaluate your case on its own merits. That’s especially true when it comes to putting a dollar value on your personal injury claim.
To evaluate your case value, our lawyers must consider:
- The severity and type of your injuries
- The value of your economic losses, including the cost of medical treatment and expenses
- Whether you’ll lose income during recovery
- How the injury will impact your ability to work in the future
- How the injury will impact your health, quality of life, and ability to enjoy life
- Whether you contributed to the accident
Many additional factors may be important to your case. You can count on our lawyers to analyze all relevant factors to determine how much your personal injury case is worth. Call our Dallas bicycle accident attorneys for a free case review to discuss your case in detail.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Dallas Bicycle Accident Victims?
When someone else is responsible for your injuries, you’re entitled to seek damages to cover your losses. Under Texas personal injury laws, accident victims can pursue compensation for economic damages and non-economic damages.
The responsible party may owe you compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning potential, if your injury results in long-term disability
- Physical therapy, rehabilitation, and specialized care
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
If the at-fault party acted intentionally or with gross negligence, you may also be entitled to seek punitive damages as punishment.
Our lawyers will work with experts and specialists to evaluate the extent of your damages. Call our law firm in Dallas to learn more about how we can help you seek the maximum compensation available.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Bicycle Accident in Texas?
It’s possible that you could be accused of causing your own accident. Even if you were hit by a car, Texas modified comparative negligence laws divide fault between everyone whose actions contributed to the accident. If you were even 1% responsible, your compensation can be reduced according to your percentage of fault.
In Texas, you can also lose your right to recover damages if you were mostly responsible for an accident. If you were more than 50% responsible for your own injuries, you cannot seek compensation from the at-fault party.
That gives insurance companies a reason to shift as much blame as possible to the victim. If you’re being blamed for your accident, call our experienced lawyers for help fighting back.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Bicycle Accident Injuries
Bicycle accident victims often face a long road to recovery. Many suffer severe and life-altering injuries.
At Anderson Injury Lawyers, we’ll fight to recover fair compensation for all of your bike accident injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Knee injuries
- Back injuries
- Internal injuries and bleeding
- Crushing injuries
- Paralysis, including quadriplegia and paraplegia
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Hiring an experienced lawyer is the best way to ensure that you’re getting the full compensation you deserve. To learn more about your legal rights, call for your free case evaluation today.
What Causes Most Bicycle Accidents in Dallas, Texas?
Many different factors contribute to car accidents involving bicycles. Most accidents are caused by human error.
Some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way to cyclists
- Dangerous turns
- Speeding and other traffic violations
- Reckless driving
- Passing too close to the shoulder
- Driving in the bike lane
- Lack of dedicated infrastructure, including protected bike lanes and barriers
- Running a red light or failing to stop at an intersection
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Potholes, obstructed traffic signs, and other hazardous road conditions
- Poor visibility or riding at night without proper reflective equipment
- Defective bikes or safety equipment
- Defective motor vehicles
Bicyclists can also contribute to the cause of an accident. While cyclists have the right to share the road, it’s always important to remain alert to traffic conditions when riding on the streets of Dallas. Bike riders in Dallas should always follow traffic laws and wear a helmet to prevent the most serious injuries.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Bicycle Accident in Texas?
To successfully recover damages after a cycling accident, you’ll have to prove that someone else was negligent. Negligence is a legal term.
You must show that the at-fault party:
Every driver on Texas roads has a duty to drive carefully and obey traffic laws. Many different types of evidence can be used to prove that a negligent driver breached that duty and caused your accident.
Our lawyers will gather and evaluate all:
- Police reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Photos of the crash scene and injuries
- Video surveillance footage
- Cell phone records
- Medical records
Our lawyers also work with specialists in accident reconstruction when needed to prove the cause of your accident.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Bicycle Accident in Texas?
Texas laws limit the amount of time you have to take legal action after a bicycle accident. The statute of limitations in most biking accident cases gives you two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
It’s possible that you could have more or less time to file a lawsuit. For example, you’ll have more time if you were a minor at the time of the crash. You’ll have less time if the defendant is a government transit agency.
One thing is clear: if you wait too long after your accident, you could lose your right to sue for damages entirely. You can take steps to protect your right to compensation by calling our lawyers for a free initial consultation today.
Contact a Dallas Bicycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Whether you sustained serious brain damage or broke your leg, our lawyers at Anderson Injury Lawyers are here to fight for you. Call an experienced Dallas bicycle accident lawyer to learn more about how we can help today. Your consultation is always free of charge, so there’s no risk in getting legal advice. You can also contact a bicycle accident lawyer in Fort Worth.
Our Dallas, TX personal injury law firm also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Dallas
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Daycare Injury Attorneys in Dallas
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Dallas
- Child Injury Attorneys in Dallas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Dallas
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Dallas
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys in Dallas
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dallas
- Product Liability Attorneys in Dallas
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Dallas