Were you or a loved one injured in an accident involving a large commercial truck in Dallas, TX? Was the accident someone else’s fault? An experienced Dallas truck accident lawyer at Anderson Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover fair compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, and suffering, and more, call us at (214) 327-8000.
Our trusted legal team is led by an attorney with over 30 years of experience fighting for accident victims like you. Over the years, we’ve won hundreds of millions to help our injured clients move on with their lives.
It’s always a good idea to speak with an attorney sooner rather than later. To get started, contact our law office in Dallas, Texas to schedule a free consultation today.
Table of Contents
How Anderson Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Truck Accident in Dallas
The last thing you need is a lengthy battle with the insurance company if you’ve been seriously injured. Unfortunately, that’s likely what you’ll have to face to recover fair compensation for your injuries. Commercial insurance companies know the stakes are high–and they’ll fight you any way they can.
You deserve an experienced Dallas personal injury lawyer to even the score. At Anderson Injury Lawyers, we’ve earned a perfect-10 “Superb” Avvo rating and an AV-Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell. We’ve also been recognized by Super Lawyers and earned a spot on the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
When you hire us, you can count on our attorneys to:
- Immediately launch an investigation into your accident
- Hire experts and specialists when needed to strengthen your personal injury claim
- Protect you if you’re blamed for the accident
- Identify all of your damages and assess your case value
- Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf
- Take your case to trial if the insurer refuses to offer an acceptable settlement
Our lawyers are committed to protecting your financial interests while you recover. To learn more about creating an attorney-client relationship with a respected Dallas personal injury attorney, call for a free initial consultation today.
How Common Are Truck Accidents in Dallas, TX?
The Texas Department of Transportation publishes reports on motor vehicle accidents each year. According to their data, at least 414 fatal crashes involved a truck-trailer or semi-trailer in 2020. In Dallas County alone, at least 3,735 accidents involving commercial motor vehicles were reported.
Because of those 3,735 accidents in Dallas:
- 31 people were killed
- 112 people sustained serious injuries
- 438 people sustained non-incapacitating injuries
- 948 people sustained injuries of unknown severity
Thousands of other car accident victims suffered injuries in crashes involving big rigs, semi-trucks, and tractor-trailers.
What is My Dallas Truck Accident Case Worth?
Before we estimate your case value, our lawyers will carefully examine all the facts. In other words, it’s impossible to know how much your personal injury case is worth without understanding the details.
However, some factors tend to be relevant in any truck accident claim, including:
- The type and severity of your injuries
- The cost of your past medical treatment and anticipated future medical care
- The value of your lost wages and out-of-pocket costs
- Whether you’ll be able to return to work in the same capacity
- Your emotional distress and ongoing mental health issues, including PTSD
- Any damage to your quality of life or lifestyle changes
- The strength of your negligence case
Accidents involving large trucks tend to cause more serious injuries than other auto accidents. You may be facing sky-high medical bills and an uncertain future. That makes it especially important to ensure that you’re getting the fair compensation you deserve.
Once you accept a settlement offer, you’ll be barred from seeking further compensation. Our Dallas truck accident attorneys are here to help assess the fair value of your claim. Before you sign any offer, call our law firm to schedule a free case review. We’re here to help you rest assured that you’re getting the full amount you deserve.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Truck Accident Victims?
Texas personal injury laws classify damages based on whether they compensate a victim for financial or non-financial losses.
All personal injury victims are entitled to seek compensation for their financial expenses, or economic damages, including:
- Current medical bills
- Anticipated future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning potential
- Nursing care, in-home assistance, and other specialized care
- Medications and medical devices
- Property damage
A serious truck wreck can also cause significant non-financial losses.
Examples of the types of non-economic damages that may be available include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Chronic pain
- Mental health disorders, including anxiety, severe depression, and PTSD
- Loss of consortium
If you lost a loved one in a fatal truck accident, our wrongful death lawyers can help you seek compensation for funeral expenses, burial costs, and other damages to compensate for your loss.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Truck Accident in Texas?
Possibly–but it’s always important to seek legal advice if someone is blaming you for causing your accident. Under Texas modified comparative negligence rules, you could lose your right to compensation entirely if you’re more than 50% liable for the crash.
If you’re less than 51% responsible, your settlement can be reduced in proportion to your percentage of fault. So, if you were 20% liable, you’re only entitled to 80% of your awarded compensation.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Truck Accident Injuries
It’s no surprise that a serious truck accident can cause significant injuries. After all, trucks are large and heavy.
At Anderson Injury Lawyers, we often represent clients who have suffered:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue damage
- Back injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Chest injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
It may take weeks or months to recover from your injuries. Some injuries may even be permanent. Regardless of your situation, you can trust our lawyers to fight for every dollar you deserve.
What Causes Most Truck Accidents in Dallas, Texas?
Truck accidents often happen because someone was negligent. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) recently conducted a Large Truck Crash Causation Study. According to their research, about 87% of all truck crashes in the United States happen because of negligence and human error.
More specifically, some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue
- Violation of FMCSA hours-of-service rules
- Drunk driving
- Drugged driving
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Unfamiliarity with the roadways
- Brake problems
Of course, truck accidents can happen because of any type of driver negligence, including:
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Aggressive driving
- Unsafe passing or lane changes
- Dangerous turns
- Failure to account for the truck’s longer stopping time
- Failure to properly secure cargo
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Mechanical failures
It’s also possible that the truck driver wasn’t qualified or properly licensed. Our lawyers will investigate to determine whether the driver had a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) and identify any factor that may have played a role in your crash. Just call for your free case review to get started.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Truck Accident in Texas?
To prove negligence, you’ll have to establish four basic elements:
- The defendant’s legal duty of care
- A breach of duty
- The damages you suffered
You’ll need evidence to prove these elements. When we conduct our investigation, our lawyers will search for:
- The truck’s black box recording device
- Video surveillance footage
- Police reports
- The trucking company’s safety record
- The truck driver’s hours-of-service log
- The truck company’s inspection and maintenance records
- Data from the crash scene
The truck company will send agents to investigate the crash quickly. Our lawyers are ready to help you even the playing field, so call for a free initial consultation today.
Who is Responsible for My Damages After a Truck Accident?
Establishing liability after a truck accident can be more difficult than in typical car accident cases. Even if the truck driver’s negligence caused the crash, someone else may be responsible for your damages.
Examples of potentially responsible parties include:
- The trucking company
- Maintenance companies and mechanics
- Cargo loading companies
- Inspection companies
- Third-party drivers
- Government agencies
Remember, liability is divided between all responsible parties after a trucking accident in Texas. That makes it important to identify anyone who played a role in the crash.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Truck Accident in Texas?
The statute of limitations in the state of Texas typically gives accident victims two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. After the two-year anniversary of the crash passes, you’ll lose your right to seek compensation.
Contact a Dallas Truck Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Were you or a family member hurt in a truck accident? It’s never too early to seek legal advice. Call Anderson Injury Lawyers today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Dallas truck accident lawyer.
Highly Rated Dallas Physical Therapists
- 3D Physical Therapy – 3500 Oak Lawn Ste 670 Dallas, TX 75219
- Athletico Physical Therapy – Dallas Abrams – 6411 E Northwest Hwy Ste 180 Dallas, TX 75231
- Vista Physical Therapy – Dallas, Preston Hollow – 11661 Preston Rd Ste 173 Dallas, TX 75230
- North Texas Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation – 7120 Campbell Rd Ste 105 Dallas, TX 75248
- Synergy Physical Therapy and Pilates – 4300 MacArthur Ave Ste 170 Dallas, TX 75209
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest-rated physical therapists on Yelp.
Dallas Truck Accident Testimonial
Our Dallas, TX personal injury law firm also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Dallas
- Daycare Injury Attorneys in Dallas
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Dallas
- Child Injury Attorneys in Dallas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Dallas
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Dallas
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys in Dallas
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dallas
- Product Liability Attorneys in Dallas
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Dallas