Distracted drivers caused 431 traffic deaths and thousands of injuries across Fort Worth, Texas, and the rest of the state in 2021.
Nearly one in five traffic accidents that year involved a distracted driver. If a distracted driver injures you, our Fort Worth distracted driving accident lawyers of Anderson Injury Lawyers are here to help.
Our award-winning legal team has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients since 2007. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing clients in personal injury cases. Our founding lawyer is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law in Texas.
Contact our law firm at (817) 294-1900 to schedule your free consultation with an experienced Fort Worth car accident lawyer.
How Our Fort Worth Auto Accident Lawyers Help You After a Distracted Driving Accident
Anderson Injury Lawyers has an Avvo 10.0 Superb Rating because of our exceptional customer service and dedication to our clients. In addition, our lead attorney is on the Top 100 Trial Lawyers list by The National Trial Lawyers. Our legal team fights to get you the money you deserve after a distracted driving accident when you hire us to represent you.
When you hire our injury lawyers, you can expect us to do everything necessary to protect your right to fair compensation for damages. We can immediately begin to:
- Investigate the car accident to determine fault and identify the responsible party
- Gather evidence from all resources to prove liability
- Document your damages to calculate the correct value for your personal injury claim
- Monitor deadlines and statutes of limitations for filing claims and lawsuits
- File an insurance claim and negotiate a settlement
- Keep you informed of the progress of your case and provide trusted legal advice about your options
- Work with expert witnesses, as necessary
- File and pursue a lawsuit if the other party refuses to pay what your claim is worth
Our legal team understands how car insurance companies operate. We understand their tactics and how to fight back to protect you from unfair and bad-faith insurance tactics.
Call now to schedule a free consultation with a distracted driving accident attorney in Fort Worth, TX.
What Causes Distracted Driving Accidents in Fort Worth?
Nine people are killed each day throughout the country in distracted driving accidents. Distracted driving crashes usually involve one or more of the three different types of driving distractions:
- Cognitive – Failing to pay attention to driving
- Visual – Not keeping your eyes on the road
- Manual – Taking your hands off the steering wheel
When you take your eyes off the road for just five seconds (long enough to read a text), your car can travel the length of a football field at 55 mph. A driver not paying attention to the road could cause a rear-end accident, run a red light, or run off the road.
Common reasons for distracted driving accidents include:
- Texting while driving and using a cell phone or other electronic device
- Searching for items in the vehicle
- Taking care of a child or pet
- Eating and/or drinking
- Setting or changing automobile controls
- Daydreaming and looking at things outside of the vehicle
Any behavior that takes your attention away from driving the vehicle is a potentially deadly distraction. Distracted driving accidents cause horrific injuries. Distracted drivers who cause accidents in Texas can be held liable for damages.
Common Injuries and Damages Caused by Fort Worth Distracted Driving Accidents
The injuries caused by a distracted driver depend on the collision’s type and severity. However, common injuries caused by distracted driving include:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Chest injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Soft tissue injuries
- Injuries to internal organs
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Airbag and seatbelt injuries
As an accident victim, you can recover compensation for your economic damages. Financial losses and expenses could include lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses, and medical bills.
You can also receive compensation for your pain and suffering. Non-economic damages can include mental anguish, physical discomfort, and emotional distress.
If you sustain permanent impairments, you could recover compensation for a decrease in your quality of life and diminished earning capacity. Punitive damages are not awarded in many personal injury claims. However, we review each case to determine whether the facts could justify these additional damages.
How Long Do I Have To File a Distracted Driving Accident Claim in Fort Worth?
The statute of limitations for most car accident claims in Texas is two years from the accident date. However, some exceptions change that deadline. For that reason, it is always best to seek legal advice from our experienced Fort Worth distracted driving accident attorneys as soon as possible after a car accident.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Fort Worth Auto Accident Lawyers
Distracted drivers should be held liable when they cause accidents that harm and injure others. We work to make that happen. Call our law office to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced Fort Worth auto accident lawyer.
Other Common Fort Worth Car Accident Claims We Handle
- Highway Crashes
- Multi-Vehicle Car Crashes
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
- Intersection Crashes
- Uninsured Motorist Claims
- Left-Turn Accidents
- Passenger Injuries
- Head-On Crashes
- Fatal Car Crash
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Lane Change Crashes
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- Self-Driving Car Accidents
- Single-Vehicle Accidents
- U-Turn Car Accidents
- Passenger Negligence