Have you recently been involved in an Uber or Lyft accident in Dallas, TX? You may be entitled to substantial compensation for your medical expenses, disability, and distress. The experienced Dallas Uber and Lyft accident lawyers at Anderson Injury Lawyers are ready to help you seek full compensation for your losses, call us at (214) 327-8000.
Since 2007, our award-winning legal team has been a fierce advocate for crash victims and families in Dallas. Led by Board Certified Personal injury trial law specialist Mark Anderson, we’ve led our clients to hundreds of millions in life-changing financial awards.
Don’t try to stand up to insurance companies or rideshare services on your own. Benefit from our extensive experience, reputation, and resources. Contact our law office in Dallas, Texas, to arrange a time for a free consultation so that you can learn more. Our team is always standing by to take your call.
How Anderson Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Uber or Lyft Accident in Dallas, TX
What caused you were rideshare accident? Is the rideshare driver at fault, or is someone else to blame? Can a rideshare company like Uber or Lyft be held accountable for your injuries? What happens if someone tries to blame you?
You’ll need to answer these questions if you decide to pursue compensation through an insurance claim or a lawsuit after your Lyft or Uber accident. You will face resistance every step of the way. The best thing you can do is hire an experienced Dallas car accident lawyer to handle your case for you.
At Anderson Injury Lawyers, we’ve gone up against insurance companies and well-funded corporations like Uber and Lyft for years. We understand that the odds are stacked in their favor, not yours. Getting us in your corner can change that.
You take the time you need to rest and recover. Our car accident attorneys in Dallas will handle the entirety of your personal injury claim for damages.
- Conduct a thorough and independent investigation into your rideshare car accident
- Gather evidence, including data from the rideshare app, photos, videos, witness statements, vehicle maintenance logs, driver histories, and more
- Bring in respected experts to help us as we analyze, build, and value your claim for damages
- Defend you against victim-blaming strategies designed to hurt your chances of a full financial recovery
- Negotiate with at-fault parties and insurance companies on your behalf
- Reject lowball offers and bring your case to a jury if negotiations don’t yield the best possible results for you
Our law firm works on a contingency fee basis, so there’s no upfront cost to get us on your side. You only pay if we win your case.
Get in touch with our personal injury lawyers to learn more about our legal representation and discover why you’ll want us fighting for you After your Uber or Lyft rideshare accident.
How Often Are Uber and Lyft Rideshare Vehicles Involved in Car Accidents?
There’s no hard data on how often rideshare vehicles are actually involved in traffic accidents in Dallas. However, research does suggest that accidents, particularly fatal collisions, have increased since rideshare vehicles first hit the scene back in 2009.
According to the University of Chicago booth school of business, car accident deaths have increased by about 3% since Uber and Lyft hit the road. That’s about 1,000 extra car accident deaths a day.
This isn’t to say that these rideshare vehicles are directly involved in these fatal accidents, but their presence on the road has made things more dangerous. It’s particularly true in an already congested city like Dallas.
What Are the Leading Causes of Uber and Lyft Accidents in Dallas?
Uber and Lyft accidents can happen for a lot of different reasons. However, rideshare driver negligence is a leading cause. Given the demands and requirements of their jobs, rideshare drivers for Uber and Lyft tend to be more prone to dangerous behaviors behind the wheel.
Some examples include:
- Driver distraction. Uber and Lyft drivers work Using an app on their phones. This means they are more engaged with their cell phones and electronic devices than most other drivers. They are actively monitoring their app for new ride requests, finding directions to passengers and destinations, and communicating with clients. Once passengers are in the car, drivers can become engaged in conversation and lose sight of the road.
- Fatigued drivers. Many Uber and Lyft drivers don’t drive for a rideshare service as their primary source of income. It’s supplemental. Many drivers may have already worked a full day on another job before getting behind the wheel. Many rideshare services operate chiefly at night, putting tired drivers behind the wheel in the dark.
- Drunk and impaired drivers. Some Uber and Lyft drivers may rely on drugs and alcohol to help them perform their job or get through the day.
Some other common causes of Uber and Lyft accidents in Dallas include:
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Negligent hiring
- Blocking traffic and making Illegal stops
- Limited visibility
- Road rage
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Failure to look for pedestrians or bicyclists before turning or passing through an intersection
- Road defects
- Road construction
Our attorneys will work diligently to identify everything that led to your Uber or Lyft accident in Dallas. The better we understand the cause of your accident, the better prepared we will be to see compensation from all responsible parties.
How Do I Recover Compensation After a Rideshare Accident in Texas?
How you can recover compensation and who you can get it from will ultimately depend on what the Uber driver was doing at the time of the car crash.
If the driver was not logged into their rideshare app, then they will be personally responsible for damages if they’re at fault. This means you’ll have to seek damages from the driver’s insurance company and/or file a lawsuit directly against the negligent rideshare driver.
If the driver was logged into the app and actively awaiting a ride request, then the rideshare companies’ limited insurance policies will kick in. These policies will be secondary to the driver’s own personal insurance coverage. This means you’ll be able to go after Uber or Lyft coverage if your damages exceed what the at-fault driver’s policy will pay.
If the driver had accepted a ride request, then Uber and Lyft have million-dollar insurance policies that can cover your costs and damages. This coverage is active from the moment the ride request is accepted until the moment the passenger is dropped off, and the ride is terminated in the app.
You may also have a legitimate claim for damages against anyone else who may have caused your Lyft or Uber auto accident. This might include a negligent third-party motorist, pedestrian, passenger, vehicle manufacturer, or even an employer of a responsible party.
Typically, however, claims against rideshare companies like Uber or Lyft directly will be barred. Their drivers are independent contractors, which helps to protect rideshare services from liability for their negligence.
What Damages Can Be Awarded to Rideshare Accident Victims in Dallas?
If you’ve recently been injured in a Lyft accident or Uber accident in Dallas, you might be able to recover compensation for your financial losses (economic damages) and pain and suffering (non-economic damages).
Our experienced litigators will help you seek money for:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Reduced earning capacity
- Lost wages
- Chronic pain
- Reduced quality of life
- Nursing care
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Funeral or burial costs if a ride your accident in Dallas is fatal
Don’t hesitate to contact us for assistance as soon as you get hurt in a Lyft accident in Dallas. Our team can begin working toward a meeting for financial recovery as soon as you ask for our help.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim After a Lyft or Uber Accident in Texas?
Under Texas state law, you will have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit after your Uber or Lyft accident. Once the statute of limitations expires, so does your right to demand compensation from third parties.
Don’t let well-deserved compensation disappear. Take action right away and contact our law office in Dallas for assistance today.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Dallas Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer
Services like Uber and Lyft may offer a convenient way to get around Dallas. But whether you’re in the car, an occupant of another motor vehicle, or walking down the street, the roads just haven’t been as safe since these rideshare companies hit the road.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident with an Uber or Lyft vehicle, you may deserve compensation. Our Dallas Uber and Lyft accident lawyers can help you fight to get the money you deserve.
Contact Anderson Injury Lawyers to discuss your case and schedule a time for a free initial case evaluation today. Our compassionate legal team is available to take your call 24 hours a day.
Our Dallas, TX personal injury law firm also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Dallas
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Daycare Injury Attorneys in Dallas
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Dallas
- Child Injury Attorneys in Dallas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Dallas
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Dallas
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dallas
- Product Liability Attorneys in Dallas
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Dallas
You can also visit Abogado de lesiones personales en Dallas
If you are in Fort Worth you can contact a Fort Worth Uber & Lyft accident lawyer.