Have you recently suffered a brain injury in an accident in Dallas, Texas? Contact Anderson Injury Lawyers for immediate legal assistance. You may have the right to seek compensation for your medical bills, loss of income, and pain and suffering. Our experienced Dallas brain injury lawyers will help you fight for a substantial monetary award, call us at (214) 327-8000.
At Anderson Injury Lawyers, we’re fierce advocates for brain injury victims and their families in Dallas. Founding attorney Mark Anderson is board certified in civil trial law and boasts more than 30 years of litigation experience.
Our team has won hundreds of millions in settlements and verdicts for clients like you. We understand how much is at stake with your brain injury case. We are ready to help you fight to get what you deserve. Contact our law office in Dallas, TX, to arrange a free consultation today.
How Our Dallas Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help If You’ve Sustained a TBI
A traumatic brain injury can fundamentally change the course of your life. It can impair your ability to think, move, and control your emotions. If someone else is responsible for causing your brain injury, they must be held accountable.
That’s where our personal injury attorneys in Dallas, TX can really help. Let us handle your fight for compensation while you take the opportunity you need to focus on your recovery.
Our AV-rated attorneys will handle every aspect of your brain injury case:
- Coordinate an investigation into the accident or incident that led to your brain injury
- Gather evidence to demonstrate that your brain injury is a direct approximate result of this accident
- Consult with leading medical professionals and brain experts as we build and value your personal injury claim for damages
- Defend you when insurance companies attempt to say that you share responsibility for your TBI
- Negotiate with other parties to get you the best possible terms in a settlement agreement
- Having an accomplished trial attorney bring your case to a jury in Dallas County if negotiations don’t yield the best possible results for you
Our law office in Dallas works on a contingency fee basis. There’s absolutely no cost to hire us to represent you unless we win your case. Contact us today for a free consultation to learn more about how we can help you get through this difficult time.
What Is a Traumatic Brain Injury?
Simply put, a traumatic brain injury (TBI) is damage to the brain that impairs its ability to function normally.
This often occurs when you experience a bump, jolt, or blow to the head. You can also suffer a TBI if you are deprived of oxygen or exposed to toxins or poisons.
Two types of head injuries cause traumatic brain injuries:
- The first is called a closed head injury.
A closed head injury means that the skull surrounding the brain is not penetrated or broken. Instead, the force of impact causes the brain to move around inside the skull, ultimately making contact with the hard bone. This can cause the brain to become bruised or torn, bleed, and sustain other damage.
- The second is called an open head injury.
This is sometimes referred to as a penetrating head injury because the skull is broken or penetrated. This often happens as a result of a gunshot wound, a hard fall, or a very hard hit to the head. The skull is compromised and no longer protects the brain, leaving it vulnerable to external debris and skull fragments.
The term traumatic brain injury is actually a fairly broad term. These types of injuries can range from mild, such as a concussion, to severe. The classification really depends on how long you lose consciousness (if at all) and the long-term consequences you will experience as a result.
We Handle All Traumatic Brain Injury Cases in Dallas, TX
Any violent or traumatic accident can cause a brain injury.
At Anderson Injury Lawyers, we represent clients who’ve sustained brain injuries as a result of:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents in Dallas
- Pedestrian accidents in Dallas, TX
- Uber and Lyft accidents in Dallas, Texas
- Slip and fall accidents in Dallas
- Dog bites in Dallas, TX
- Negligent security
- Other premises liability matters in Dallas, Texas
- Assaults in Dallas and other criminal matters
- Defective products in Dallas, TX
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse in Dallas
- Construction accidents in Dallas, TX
- Occupational illness and disease
- Workplace accidents in Dallas
- And more
If you or a family member has suffered a traumatic brain injury in an accident in Dallas, Texas, don’t hesitate to reach out to our legal team for help. We will listen to your side of the story, assess the facts of your case, and help you understand what rights you may have.
How Common Are Traumatic Brain Injuries?
It’s estimated that 2.8 million Americans suffer a brain injury every year. At least 56,000 people are believed to suffer fatal traumatic brain injuries every year. That’s 155 brain injury deaths every day.
In recent years, the number of TBIs treated in hospitals across the nation has increased significantly.
While any traumatic accident or incident can cause a TBI, falls are the leading cause. This is particularly true in the elderly and individuals with high-risk jobs, like construction in Dallas. Motor vehicle accidents, being struck by or against an object, and assaults are also common causes of brain injuries in the United States.
What’s My Brain Injury Case Worth?
The costs of living with a traumatic brain injury can be quite high. TBI can limit cognitive function, cause depression and other mental health disorders, impair physical capabilities, cause memory loss, and more. This won’t just leave you with sky-high medical bills but can also impact your ability to live your life and earn a living.
As a result, the more serious you are traumatic brain injury, the more your personal injury case for damages will likely be worth.
Research shows that the average lifetime cost of a traumatic brain injury can range anywhere between $85,000 to $3 million. This is just for treatment and care. Add in things like painted suffering and loss of income, and the cost can be considerably higher.
According to the national safety council, The average cost of a disabling injury in a car accident – like a TBI – can be worth well over $1.25 million.
Every case will be different. It will be essential to speak directly with an experienced Dallas brain injury attorney about the details of your situation.
Contact Anderson Injury Lawyers to speak with a member of our respected legal team to find out how much money you might be able to get for your brain injury case today.
What Compensation Is Available to Brain Injury Victims?
This can include money for:
- Follow-up medical care
- Nursing care and assistance
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Home health aides
- Necessary modifications to your home or vehicle to accommodate a disability
- Medical devices and equipment
- Loss of income, benefits, and wages
- Temporary and/or permanent disability
- Chronic physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Reduced quality of life
- Property damage
- Loss of consortium
If there’s considerable evidence that you were hurt because someone displayed grossly negligent, malicious, or fraudulent behavior, punitive damages might also be on the table.
Our experienced Dallas personal injury attorneys will work diligently to ensure that you are awarded all of the compensation you’re entitled to under Texas state law.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim After Suffering a Traumatic Brain Injury in Dallas, Texas?
Texas has a two-year statute of limitations that will apply to most personal injury lawsuits. This means a two-year clock will start running the moment you get hurt or discover your brain injury, whichever is later.
Do not let two years go by without taking action and filing a claim against those responsible. If the statute of limitations expires before you file a claim, you will lose the opportunity to recover the financial compensation you need in deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Dallas Brain Injury Lawyer
If you suffered a TBI in an accident in Dallas, TX, contact Anderson Injury Lawyers for immediate legal assistance. Our award-winning Dallas Brain injury lawyers are ready to help you stand up to insurance companies and negligent parties and hold them accountable for your suffering.
We offer a free consultation and are available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We tried to our law firm serving Dallas and surrounding areas to arrange a time for you today.
Our Dallas, TX personal injury law firm also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Dallas
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Daycare Injury Attorneys in Dallas
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Child Injury Attorneys in Dallas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Dallas
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Dallas
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys in Dallas
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dallas
- Product Liability Attorneys in Dallas
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Dallas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Dallas
You can also visit Abogado de lesiones personales en Dallas