Was your child injured while under the care of a daycare provider in Fort Worth, TX? A serious childhood injury can change your child’s life forever. If your child’s caregiver was responsible, an experienced Fort Worth daycare injury lawyer at Anderson Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation for medical bills, your lost wages, and your family’s pain and suffering, give us a call at (817) 294-1900.
Over the years, our lawyers have recovered hundreds of millions to help our injured clients recover from painful and unnecessary injuries. We’re more than ready to fight for your family. Our lawyers are always here to help you understand your legal options after an injury. To get started today, call our law office in Fort Worth, Texas to schedule a free consultation.
How Anderson Injury Lawyers Can Help With a Daycare Injury Claim in Fort Worth
Daycare centers provide a critical service for countless Texas families. As a parent, it can be tough to trust someone else with your child’s care. Unfortunately, some daycare centers cut corners to maximize their own profits. That can jeopardize your child’s safety.
If your child was injured, you deserve to know what happened and who was responsible. At Anderson Injury Lawyers, a Fort Worth personal injury lawyer can help you hold the at-fault parties accountable.
When you hire us, you’ll have a lawyer with years of experience to:
- Investigate and find out what caused your child’s injury
- Determine who was responsible
- Assess the value of your case
- Protect you if the daycare blames your child for getting hurt
- Hire experts in medicine, psychology, and other specialties to strengthen your case
- Negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf
- Protect your rights in court if necessary
Our Fort Worth personal injury attorneys are passionate about keeping kids safe. If your child was injured or neglected, we’re here to help you get the fair compensation you deserve. All you have to do is call to schedule your free consultation today.
Overview of Daycare Injuries
A healthy child can be active and impulsive. Still, while it can be difficult to predict how a child will behave, adults have a duty to protect them. Countless parents choose to enlist the help of a professional daycare provider to keep their children safe – and you deserve to trust that your child’s caregiver will do everything possible to do just that.
Daycare facilities in Texas are subject to certain minimum safety standards. Those standards can vary depending on the age of the children.
The requirements include standards that govern:
- The ratio of caregivers to children in the center
- Staff training requirements
- Staff qualification requirements
- The food provided to children (dietary requirements)
- Sanitation requirements
- How children and infants should be supervised
- The types of games and activities your child can participate in
Special standards apply in situations where infants and young children are involved.
If your child was hurt because the daycare center failed to comply with these standards, you may have a valid claim for compensation. To learn more about your rights under Texas personal injury laws, call Anderson Injury Lawyers for a free case evaluation today.
What Types of Daycare Injuries Can Occur?
Children can sustain a wide range of injuries when they’re involved in an accident.
Our Fort Worth child injury lawyers often represent families whose children have suffered:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Heat stroke
- Facial injuries
- Dental injuries
Like any accident, an accident at a daycare center has the potential to be life-altering. If your child suffered catastrophic or fatal injuries, we can help you fight for justice. Just call our law firm in Fort Worth to schedule a free consultation today.
What Are the Long-Term Consequences of Daycare Injuries?
The long-term consequences of a daycare injury can be dramatic. In addition to their physical suffering, children who are injured often suffer significant long-term emotional trauma.
It’s possible that your child could suffer:
- Separation anxiety
- Regressive behavior, such as bedwetting
- Behavioral changes
- Delayed development
- Fear of being around strangers and unknown adults
Neglecting a child can have lasting emotional consequences. Intentional abuse can cause even more significant damage.
What Causes Most Daycare Injuries?
Daycare facilities in Fort Worth must be licensed and inspected by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. Despite regular inspections, daycare accidents happen on a fairly regular basis.
Some of the most common causes of daycare injuries in Fort Worth include:
- Failure to properly screen, train, and supervise daycare staff
- Unsafe toys
- Dangerous playground equipment
- Failure to properly maintain the property and facilities
- Distracted child care providers
- Understaffed childcare facilities
- Overcrowded childcare facilities
- Failure to provide adequate security
- Intentional child abuse
Most daycare injuries happen because someone was careless. You trusted your daycare center to provide proper care and supervision. If they failed to do so, you deserve compensation.
Regardless of how your child’s injury happened, our team at Anderson Injury Lawyers is ready to help you fight to hold the responsible parties accountable. Call to schedule a free case review with our Fort Worth daycare injury attorneys today.
How Do I Prove Liability in a Fort Worth Daycare Injury Case?
It isn’t always easy to determine the precise cause of a child’s daycare injuries. Still, you deserve to know what happened. Once we understand the cause of the injury, your lawyer can work to prove liability.
Most daycare accident cases are based on negligence. Maybe your child was injured because the daycare failed to properly maintain playground equipment. Maybe the injury happened because the daycare didn’t install proper security and your child was a victim of criminal acts.
In legal terms, to prove that the daycare was negligent, we’ll work to establish:
- The legal duty of care owed to your child
- A breach of duty occurred
- The breach caused your child’s injuries
- The damages your family sustained as a result
While many different legal theories may apply in your case, daycare centers can be held liable for negligence under Texas premises liability laws. They can also be held liable if they fail to meet the state’s minimum standards for childcare facilities.
Our child injury attorneys will conduct a full investigation to determine why your child was injured. We’re ready to get started today, so give us a call to explore your legal options.
What is My Fort Worth Daycare Injury Case Worth?
The unique circumstances surrounding your child’s injury will play an important role in putting a dollar value on your personal injury claim.
As a general rule, more serious injuries tend to lead to higher settlements and verdicts. Still, many different factors will influence the value of your case.
Some important factors in a child injury case include:
- The nature and severity of the injuries
- The nature, duration, and cost of your child’s medical treatment
- Whether the injuries happened because of negligence or intentional abuse
- How your child’s future could be impacted by the injury
- Your child’s emotional well-being and reaction to the injury
- How the injury will impact your child’s future earnings and ability to enjoy a normal childhood
- Whether you missed work and lost wages in order to care for your child
No two cases are exactly the same. You can count on our lawyers to carefully evaluate the situation and fight for every dollar your family deserves. Call to schedule a free initial consultation today to learn more about our legal practice and experience.
What Compensation Can I Recover for My Child’s Daycare Injuries in Fort Worth, Texas?
If your child was injured, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Your lost wages
- Future medical expenses
- Your child’s lost future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of a normal childhood
- Anxiety and PTSD
- Damages for wrongful death
In cases involving intentional wrongdoing, you may also be entitled to punitive damages to punish the defendant for wrongful acts.
How Long Do I Have to File a Daycare Injury Lawsuit in Texas?
The statute of limitations in most personal injury cases in Texas is two years. So, if you were injured in a car accident or slip and fall, you’ll have to file a personal injury lawsuit within two years of the accident. Otherwise, you’ll forfeit your right to compensation.
The system works differently when a child is injured. Minor children can’t file a lawsuit on their own. Because of that, the state of Texas gives them extra time to take legal action. Under Texas law, the two-year clock doesn’t start to run until your child turns 18.
Contact a Fort Worth Daycare Injury Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Was your child injured in a Fort Worth daycare center? Call an experienced Fort Worth daycare injury lawyer at Anderson Injury Lawyers today. We’ll do everything possible to recover the fair compensation you deserve.
Our Fort Worth, TX personal injury law firm also provides:
- Car Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Fort Worth
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Fort Worth