Accidents in Fort Worth, TX, can cause catastrophic injuries and fatalities. The damages caused by traffic accidents result in life-altering consequences for victims and their families.
Since 2007, the Fort Worth car accident lawyers of Anderson Injury Lawyers have fought for the rights of accident victims and their families. As a result, we have helped our clients receive hundreds of millions of dollars in jury verdicts and settlements.
Contact our car accident attorneys at (817) 294-1900 for a free consultation if you were injured in a car accident. We are here to help you get justice after a negligent driver causes you or your family members to be injured in a car crash.
Car Accident Statistics in Fort Worth
Car accidents occur each day in Fort Worth. Sadly, some of those accidents result in fatalities and severe injuries.
The Texas Department of Transportation tracks reportable crashes throughout the state. According to its records for 2021, Fort Worth car accident statistics include:
- 119 fatal car crashes that resulted in 130 traffic deaths
- 4,412 possible injuries from traffic accidents
- 14,679 total crashes
- 2,300 unknown injuries
- 458 DUI crashes, including 17 deaths
- 6,570 distracted driving accidents in Tarrant County, including 12 deaths
- 1,026 speed-involved crashes in Tarrant County, including 27 deaths
- 2,174 commercial motor vehicle accidents in Tarrant County, including 23 deaths
Statewide, a person is killed every two hours in a traffic accident in Texas. The state did not experience a day in 2021 without traffic fatality.
Every two minutes and 12 seconds, a person is injured on Texas roads. Roughly 239,539 people were injured in car accidents in 2021.
Pedestrian and bicyclist fatalities increased in Texas in 2021 by 15.24% and 13.92%, respectively. Almost a quarter of the people killed in traffic accidents in 2021 were in accidents involving a driver under the influence of alcohol.
How Anderson Injury Lawyers Will Help You After a Fort Worth Car Accident?
Our founding attorney is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law. He has a 10.0 Superb Rating with AVVO and has been recognized as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers.
Our car accident attorneys at Anderson Injury Lawyers are dedicated to fighting for the rights of accident victims. We aggressively pursue claims to obtain maximum compensation for you and your family.
When you hire our award-winning legal team, you can expect us to:
- Conduct an independent investigation to determine the cause of the car accident
- Identify all parties responsible for the crash
- Confirm insurance coverage and file insurance claims
- Work with experts as necessary, including accident reconstructionists, medical experts, and economists
- Document your damages and calculate an accurate value for damages
- Negotiate for a settlement amount that compensates you fully for all damages
- Pursue legal claims in court when the responsible parties refuse to negotiate in good faith
Traffic crashes can have long-term consequences. Make sure you receive compensation for current and future damages by working with experienced personal injury attorneys.
Contact our law office to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with a car wreck lawyer in Fort Worth, Texas.
Who Is Responsible for Damages Caused by Car Accidents in Fort Worth, Texas?
Texas is an at-fault state for car accident claims. In other words, if you prove the other driver caused the car crash, the at-fault driver is responsible for compensating you for your damages.
Texas drivers are required to have minimum amounts of liability insurance to cover car accidents. Unfortunately, minimum insurance coverage does not pay all damages for some car accident claims.
In those cases, if the injured party has underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage, they might receive compensation from their car insurance company. UIM coverage pays the difference between what you received from the at-fault driver and your claim value, up to the policy limits.
Accident victims can receive compensation for their economic damages, such as:
- Medical expenses and bills
- Nursing care
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Personal care
- Help with household chores
- Loss of income and benefits
You could also recover compensation for future damages if you sustained a permanent impairment. These damages include diminished earning capacity, loss of quality of life, and ongoing medical and personal care.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Fort Worth?
The law requires you to report accidents involving injuries or damage. Calling 911 is the quickest way to report the crash and request help.
It is always best to see a doctor after a car accident. If you need to file a claim, prompt medical treatment can help prove the accident caused your injuries and refute claims of failure to mitigate damages.
Knowing whether to accept a car accident settlement can be tricky. Determining if a settlement offer is fair requires knowledge of damages and personal injury laws. The best way to know whether a settlement offer is fair is to speak with an experienced Fort Worth injury attorney with Anderson Injury Lawyers.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Fort Worth Auto Accident Lawyers
Handling a car accident claim without a lawyer can be frustrating and time-consuming. It could also result in a much lower settlement amount. Many accident victims are entitled to more money than they realize.
Contact us to schedule your free consultation with an experienced car accident attorney. We fight to get you the money you deserve after a car crash.
We handle all types of car accident claims, including:
- Head-On Crashes
- Highway Crashes
- Hit & Run Accidents
- Intersection Crashes
- Lane Change Crashes
- Left-Turn Accident
- Multi-Vehicle Car Crashes
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Passenger Injuries
- Passenger Negligence
- Red and Yellow Light Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Road Defects
- Rollover Accidents
- Seat Belt Injuries
- Self-Driving Car Accidents
- Single-Vehicle Accidents
- SUV Rollover Accident
- U-Turn Car Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Claims
Fort Worth Car Accident Testimonial
Additional Fort Worth Car Accident Resources
- Car Accident FAQs
- Car Accident Liability
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Common Injuries From Car Accidents
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit-and-Run Accident in Fort Worth?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take To Settle in Fort Worth?
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Texas
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in Fort Worth
- Texas Car Accident Claim Process
- What Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do?
- What To Do After a Car Accident in Fort Worth
- What to Do When Injured in a Car Accident
Highly Rated Fort Worth, TX Auto Repair Shops
- All Auto Service- 1024 Alston Ave Fort Worth, TX 76104
- DFW Automotive Service – 3221 Joyce Dr Fort Worth, TX 76116
- Mike’s Brake & Alignment Shop – 3769 N Beach St Fort Worth, TX 76137
- Bill’s Half Price Auto Repair -10111 Harmon Road Fort Worth, TX 76117
- Lifetime Automotive – 4600 Granbury Road Fort Worth, TX 76133
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest-rated auto repair shops on Yelp.