A head-on crash occurs when two vehicles traveling in different directions crash into the front of each other. The Insurance Information Institute reports that in 2020, 3,631 fatal head-on crashes occurred on our nation’s roadways, accounting for more than 10% of all fatal crashes that year. Even when this type of crash does not result in fatalities, the consequences are often catastrophic, including severe injuries, totaled vehicles, and excruciating pain and suffering.
If you were injured in a Fort Worth head-on crash, Anderson Injury Lawyers can fight for the compensation you deserve. Our experienced Fort Worth car accident lawyers know the type of evidence you need to build your claim and recover the compensation you need. Contact our Fort Worth, TX, office at (817) 294-1900.
How Anderson Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Head-On Crash in Fort Worth
Head-on crashes often lead to serious injuries in Fort Worth, Texas. After a crash of this magnitude, you need to be able to concentrate on your health. You can trust all aspects of your case in the capable hands of Anderson Injury Lawyers, a premier Dallas and Fort Worth personal injury firm. Our car wreck lawyers in Fort Worth have decades of combined legal experience that we can leverage to build a strong case on your behalf, which can include:
- Launching a full investigation into the crash and its contributing factors
- Gathering critical evidence to establish fault and your damages
- Calculating the full extent of your damages
- Communicating with the insurance company and handling claim paperwork on your behalf
- Negotiating for fair compensation
We offer free initial consultations, so you have nothing to lose by contacting our Fort Worth head-on crash attorneys today to learn more about how we can help.
Dangers of Head-On Crashes in Fort Worth, TX
Head-on crashes are particularly dangerous because they often involve higher speeds. The force of the crash is similar to crashing into a brick wall at twice the speed of the vehicle in which you are traveling. These physics often cause grave consequences, often including fatalities of drivers and the passengers they are carrying.
Common Causes of Fort Worth Head-On Crashes
Some of the factors that often contribute to head-on crashes and the number of Texas fatal car accidents that involved these factors in 2021. according to car accident statistics from the Texas Department of Transportation, include:
- Cell phone use – 48 fatalities
- Distraction in vehicle – 73 fatalities
- Driver fatigue – 139 fatalities
- Driver inattention – 291 fatalities
- Failed to control speed – 554 fatalities
- Failed to drive in a single lane – 836 fatalities
- Failed to pass to left safely – 20 fatalities
- Passed in no passing lane – 25 fatalities
- Speeding – 320 fatalities
- Under the influence of drinking – 662 fatalities
- Under the influence of drugs – 350 fatalities
- Unsafe speed – 488 fatalities
- Wrong-way driving down a one-way street – 84 fatalities
A lawyer can help investigate your case and determine how it happened.
Common Injuries Stemming from Head-On Crashes in Fort Worth
Head-on crashes often cause fatal or serious injuries due to the force involved. Common injuries from head-on crashes include:
- Spinal cord injuries, including partial or complete paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries, including concussions
- Internal organ damage or bleeding
- Knee and leg injuries
- Elbow, arm, and hand injuries
- Scarring, permanent disfigurement, and burns
These injuries are associated with long and painful recovery periods. Some injuries might require rehabilitation to relearn basic skills or make modifications because of the injury.
Evidence To Help Establish Liability in a Head-On Collision in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas is an at-fault state for car accidents. To recover compensation for the injuries you suffered, you must show the other person’s negligence is to blame for the head-on crash. Depending on the circumstances, evidence that may help you build your claim may include:
- Accident report
- Medical records
- Pictures or videos of the accident scene
- Eyewitness statements
- Surveillance footage of the moments leading up to the accident
- Accident reconstruction experts
A lawyer may be able to identify and collect valuable evidence in your case.
Potential Damages in a Fort Worth Head-On Collision
Texas’ tort system allows accident victims to recover compensation for their accident-related expenses. This may include payment for medical expenses, including:
- Hospital stays
- Ambulance charges
- Surgical costs
- Prescription medication
- Follow-up care
- Specialist visits
- Anticipated future medical expenses
Head-on crashes can result in serious injuries that prevent victims from working. Compensation may be provided for a loss or reduction of your earning capacity.
Additionally, you could recover compensation for non-financial losses you suffer, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Scarring or permanent disfigurement
If you lost a loved one in a head-on crash, you may be able to pursue a wrongful death claim and seek compensation for funeral expenses, burial expenses, and more.
Contact Our Fort Worth Car Accident Law Firm for Assistance
If you were injured or tragically lost a loved one in a head-on car crash, our Fort Worth car accident law firm can thoroughly investigate your claim and establish the other driver’s fault.
Anderson Injury Lawyers has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for our clients since opening in 2007. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you will not be charged any attorneys’ fees unless and until we win.
Contact us today to schedule a free case review.
We handle types of car accident cases, including:
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- DUI Accident
- Highway Crashes
- Hit & Run Accidents
- Intersection Crashes
- Lane Change Crashes
- Left-Turn Accident
- Multi-Vehicle Car Crashes
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Passenger Negligence
- Red and Yellow Light Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Road Defects
- Rollover Accidents
- Seat Belt Injuries
- Self-Driving Car Accidents
- Single-Vehicle Accidents
- SUV Rollover Accident
- U-Turn Car Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Claims
Additional Fort Worth Car Accident Resources
- Car Accident FAQs
- Car Accident Liability
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Common Injuries From Car Accidents
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit-and-Run Accident in Fort Worth?
- How Does Car Insurance Work in the State of Texas?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take To Settle in Fort Worth?
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in Fort Worth
- Texas Car Accident Claim Process
- What Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do?
- What To Do After a Car Accident in Fort Worth
- What to Do When Injured in a Car Accident
- Who Is at Fault for My Car Accident?