After you’ve been injured in a Fort Worth, Texas, car accident, you may be wondering who is at fault. Our Fort Worth car accident attorneys are here to answer that question and any others you may have.
When we first opened our doors in 2007, Anderson Injury Lawyers made it our mission to make sure accident injury victims get the justice they deserve. You’re experiencing the physical and emotional toll of your injuries—you shouldn’t also have to pay the financial price.
Take control of your health and your future by calling us today at (817) 294-1900 for a free, no-obligation consultation. We’re ready to answer all your questions and get to work on your case right away.
How Can Anderson Injury Lawyers Help Me if I’m Injured in a Fort Worth, Texas Car Accident?
In total, our Fort Worth car wreck lawyers have decades of experience holding negligent parties responsible for harming others. In the process, we’ve recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients.
When you hire us to advocate for you, you’re getting a team of attorneys with a proven track record for getting big results. Some of our exceptional settlements and verdicts include:
- $4,800,000 for a client badly injured by a tractor-trailer
- $1,700,000 for a client who suffered spine injuries when a truck backed into his car
- $1,500,000 for a client who was injured when a truck hit him nearly head on
- $1,000,000 for a client who suffered severe injuries in an intersection crash
It pays to have experienced Fort Worth, TX, car accident attorneys like Anderson Injury Lawyers fighting for you.
All too often, insurance companies reject claims filed by accident victims. The insurance company is not on your side. It will do everything it can to limit your recovery or deny it altogether. If you get hurt in a car accident, we won’t let the insurance company skirt its responsibility of paying you what you need and deserve.
Your primary focus should be on healing. You shouldn’t have to worry about your mounting medical bills or your lost income. Let Anderson Injury Lawyers take on the job of holding the responsible parties financially accountable for your injuries.
How Is Fault for a Fort Worth Car Accident Determined?
You may be a safe driver, but you simply can’t control how other drivers on the road behave. Crash statistics show that serious car accidents are all too common in Texas. In 2021, there were 15,764 serious injury crashes that resulted in nearly 20,000 people suffering serious injuries.
Texas is an “at-fault” state, meaning that the negligent party who caused the accident must compensate the injury victims. It also means you can file a claim with the negligent party’s insurance company. So if you’re involved in a car accident, determining who is at fault is very important because it impacts the damages you can recover.
To establish fault, you have to show that the other party owed you a duty of care, that they caused the accident by violating that duty of care, and that you suffered damages as a direct result. Our exceptional personal injury attorneys can prove this by:
- Thoroughly reviewing reports prepared by law enforcement officials at the scene
- Hiring an accident reconstruction expert to assist in determining who was at fault
- Identifying and talking to witnesses who may have valuable information about the accident
- Obtaining any video of the accident from traffic cameras
Sometimes, proving fault can be difficult. That’s why you need Anderson Injury Lawyers in your corner. We have years of experience investigating car accidents and figuring out who was at fault for your accident and injuries.
Can I Still Recover Compensation if I Was Partly at Fault for My Car Accident in Fort Worth, Texas?
What if you were partially to blame for the accident? Texas follows a modified “comparative fault” rule. Under this law, your compensation will be reduced by the percentage of fault you share for the accident.
For example, if a jury finds that your damages total $40,000 but that you were 25% at fault for the accident, your award will be reduced to $30,000. However, there’s another catch. If you are found to have been more than 50% at fault for the accident, you are barred from recovering any compensation.
Call Our Award-Winning Car Crash Attorneys in Fort Worth To Tell Us About Your Case
If you’ve been injured in a Fort Worth car accident, you need to focus on your health and not worry about how you’re going to handle the mounting medical expenses or your loss of income. Leave that to our car accident lawyers in Fort Worth. We won’t let the insurance company pin the blame on you when you were not at fault for the accident.
Call us at any time to arrange your free consultation. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you pay us nothing unless we get compensation for your injuries.
We handle all types of car accident claims, including:
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- DUI Accident
- Fatal Car Crashes
- Head-On Crashes
- Highway Crashes
- Hit & Run Accidents
- Lane Change Crashes
- Left-Turn Accident
- Multi-Vehicle Car Crashes
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Passenger Injuries
- Passenger Negligence
- Red and Yellow Light Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Road Defects
- Rollover Accidents
- Seat Belt Injuries
- Self-Driving Car Accidents
- Single-Vehicle Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
- SUV Rollover Accident
- U-Turn Car Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Claims
Additional Fort Worth Car Accident Resources
- Car Accident FAQs
- Car Accident Liability
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Common Injuries From Car Accidents
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit-and-Run Accident in Fort Worth?
- How Does Car Insurance Work in the State of Texas?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take To Settle in Fort Worth?
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Texas
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in Fort Worth
- Texas Car Accident Claim Process
- What Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do?
- What To Do After a Car Accident in Fort Worth
- What to Do When Injured in a Car Accident