You’re at a red light in Fort Worth, TX, patiently waiting for the light to turn green when you are suddenly propelled forward in your vehicle.
You look up and see that another vehicle has just rammed into you. Before long, you start feeling pain in your neck and shoulders. What are you supposed to do?
Contact a car accident lawyer with Anderson Injury Lawyers. We have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for accident victims. We can help hold careless drivers responsible for the harm they have caused. Contact us online or call us at (817) 294-1900 for a free consultation with an experienced Fort Worth rear-end collision lawyer.
How Our Fort Worth Rear-End Collision Lawyers Can Help
Anderson Injury Lawyers has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for accident victims since we opened 15 years ago. This is a testament to our client advocacy and dedication. We also have two board-certified personal injury attorneys. If you were injured in a rear-end collision, the Fort Worth rear-end collision lawyers with Anderson Injury Lawyers can help. Call today for legal advice., a distinction that only 2% of lawyers in Texas can claim. This shows a unique level of skill and experience.
When you hire our car accident lawyers, you can count on us to:
- Ensure you receive the medical care you need
- Determine fault for the accident
- Calculate the full extent of your damages
- Negotiate for fair compensation
Give us a call today in Fort Worth, Texas, to learn more about our firm and how we can help.
How Common Are Rear-End Car Accidents in Fort Worth?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, nearly 30% of all crashes are rear-end collisions. Rear-end collisions result in approximately 2,000 traffic deaths and nearly 1 million injuries every year.
Distracted driving is a leading cause of rear-end collisions. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, distracted driving was responsible for one in five crashes in Texas, resulting in 431 traffic deaths and 2,934 fatal car accident injuries in 2021.
Fort Worth, TX Rear-End Car Accidents Overview
If you were recently involved in a rear-end accident, you should be aware of your legal rights and the following information:
Common Causes of Rear-End Accidents
Most rear-end accidents are caused because the driver in the rear is following too closely to the driver in front of them. When there is less distance between the vehicles, there is less time for a motorist to stop.
Distracted driving and driver inattention are common causes of rear-end accidents. Others include:
- Driver impairment
- Fatigued driving
- Driving under the influence
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Mechanical defects like worn brakes
Because drivers are required to keep a safe following distance, most rear-end accidents are blamed on the rear driver. However, there are some cases when the other driver may be to blame, such as if they:
- Are reversing
- Experience a mechanical issue
- Switch lanes without checking blind spots
- Do not have working brake lights
An experienced Fort Worth car crash lawyer can help determine fault in your case.
Common Rear-End Accident Injuries
Due to the point of impact, some of the most common injuries in rear-end accidents include:
- Neck injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Back injuries
- Head injuries
- Seatbelt injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
Even accidents at slow speeds can cause serious injuries. Some factors that can affect the type and severity of injuries you suffer include:
- The point where the vehicles collided
- The speed both vehicles were traveling at the time of impact
- The disparity in the vehicles’ sizes
- The victim’s location in the vehicle
- The victim’s pre-existing health condition
- Whether safety restraints were used
Be sure you seek medical attention promptly and document your injuries.
How To Prove Fault in a Rear-End Accident
Texas is an at-fault insurance state, so you have to be able to show the other driver was negligent in causing the accident. Your lawyer can help gather evidence that can help you show the other driver was at-fault, such as:
- The accident report
- Photos or videos of the accident
- Eyewitness statements
- Damaged car parts
- The other driver’s admissions
- Cell phone records
If the fault is in dispute, a lawyer may hire an accident reconstruction expert that can use physical evidence to recreate the accident and give an opinion about how the accident occurred.
Compensation Available in a Rear-End Accident
If you were injured in a rear-end accident, you may be able to recover compensation for the losses you experienced, which may include:
- Medical expenses for hospital stays, ambulance charges, follow-up appointments, and future medical costs you anticipate incurring
- Costs to repair or replace your vehicle
- Lost wages for the time you were away from work
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
A lawyer can calculate the damages you sustained and help negotiate for a fair settlement of your claim.
Contact a Car Crash Lawyer in Fort Worth for Legal Advice
If you were hurt in a rear-end accident, do not hesitate to reach out for help. Anderson Injury Lawyers can handle your legal claim so you can focus on your recovery.
Contact us online or call us to schedule your free case review with an experienced car crash lawyer in Fort Worth.
Our law firm handles all types of car accident cases involving:
- Head-On Crashes
- Highway Crashes
- Hit & Run Accidents
- Intersection Crashes
- Lane Change Crashes
- Left-Turn Accident
- Multi-Vehicle Car Crashes
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Passenger Injuries
- Passenger Negligence
- Red and Yellow Light Accidents
- Road Defects
- Rollover Accidents
- Self-Driving Car Accidents
- Single-Vehicle Accidents
- SUV Rollover Accident
- U-Turn Car Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Claims
Additional Fort Worth Car Accident Resources
- Car Accident FAQs
- Car Accident Liability
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit-and-Run Accident in Fort Worth?
- Fort Worth Car Accident Statistics
- How Does Car Insurance Work in the State of Texas?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take To Settle in Fort Worth?
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in Fort Worth
- Texas Car Accident Claim Process
- What Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do?
- What To Do After a Car Accident in Fort Worth
- What to Do When Injured in a Car Accident
- Who Is at Fault for My Car Accident?