Intersection accidents in Fort Worth, TX, can be devastating. Because of the possibility of head-on collisions and side-impact crashes, intersection crashes can cause catastrophic injuries. These car accidents can have life-altering consequences.
Our Fort Worth intersections crash lawyers at Anderson Injury Lawyers have decades of legal experience handling car accident claims. We have recovered over $400 million in damages for our clients.
Contact our law firm at (817) 294-1900 to schedule your free consultation with an experienced Fort Worth car accident attorney. We are here to help you when you need trusted legal advice, support, and guidance after a traffic accident.
How Our Fort Worth Accident Attorneys Can Help You After an Intersection Accident
Fort Worth, Texas, experiences heavy traffic and congestion, especially at intersections throughout the city. Drivers in a rush fail to yield the right of way. Distracted drivers often cause rear-end collisions at intersections.
Our Fort Worth intersection crash attorneys at Anderson Injury Lawyers have a 10.0 Superb Rating on Avvo. We are listed among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers and are members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates group. Attorney Mark Anderson is Board Certified in Personal Injury Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
When you hire our award-winning legal team, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the cause of your intersection accident to gather evidence proving fault
- File insurance claims and handle all matters related to those claims
- Monitor deadlines for filing lawsuits and claims
- Document your damages to calculate the correct value for your personal injury claim
- Work with expert witnesses, medical specialists, and accident reconstructionists, as necessary
- Fight to get you the best possible car accident settlement
- Prepare and file a lawsuit and advocate for you in court
Contact our law office today to schedule your free case evaluation with a Fort Worth auto accident attorney.
Common Causes of Intersection Accidents in Fort Worth
Most intersection accidents are avoidable. Negligence and carelessness cause most intersection crashes. Common causes of intersection wrecks include:
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Distracted driving
- Tailgating (following too closely)
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Vehicle defects and malfunctions, including brake failure
- Road design, including curves, hidden stop signs, and hills
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Drowsy and fatigued driving
Road and weather conditions can contribute to the cause of an accident. However, drivers are expected to take precautions and adjust their driving based on driving conditions.
Common Injuries Caused by Fort Worth, Texas Intersection Accidents
Intersection accidents often cause T-bone crashes and head-on collisions. As a result, the injuries are catastrophic. Common intersection crash injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Traumatic brain injury
- Injuries to the back and neck
- Broken bones and fractures
- Burns and disfigurement
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Crushing injuries
- Injuries to internal organs
Victims of intersection accidents can recover compensation for their economic damages, including reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses, lost wages, and medical bills. In addition, Texas personal injury laws also provide compensation for a person’s pain and suffering and non-economic damages.
Who Is Responsible for Intersection Accidents in Fort Worth, TX?
The driver who caused the accident is liable for damages for a negligence claim. However, third parties could also be liable.
If defective brakes contributed to the cause of the crash, the manufacturer could be liable under product liability law. Likewise, if the City of Fort Worth designed a dangerous intersection or failed to maintain traffic signals, it could be partially liable for damages.
Our Fort Worth intersection crash lawyers investigate the crash. We determine how the crash occurred and who was responsible for each factor that contributed to the cause of the crash. Our lawyers pursue all parties who could be liable for your damages.
What Should You Do After an Intersection Accident in Fort Worth?
Try to remain calm and call 911 for help. If someone is injured, provide aid and assistance as necessary. Other steps to keep in mind:
- Do not admit fault for the crash. Instead, let our attorneys investigate the cause and determine fault.
- Take photographs and make a video of the accident scene with your cell phone. Ask witnesses for their contact information and names.
- Seek prompt medical attention to avoid claims of failing to mitigate damages.
- Refer insurance adjusters and investigators to our office. Avoid making written and recorded statements to reduce the chance of contributory fault claims.
- Document your damages and keep copies of all receipts and bills.
As soon as you can, contact our office to speak with one of our lawyers about how we can help you protect your rights.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Fort Worth Auto Accident Attorneys
Don’t let the insurance adjuster convince you that your claim is not worth more than the company offers. Instead, call now for a free consultation with an experienced Fort Worth Auto Accident Attorney. We fight to protect your right to fair compensation after a car accident