Car accidents in Dallas, TX, can be a traumatic and overwhelming experience, even for the most seasoned drivers. The moments immediately following a crash are often chaotic and confusing, making it difficult to think clearly and act accordingly. Knowing what to do after a car accident in Dallas can not only help ensure your safety and well-being but also protect your rights and interests regarding any subsequent legal claims.
How Anderson Injury Lawyers Can Help You Recover Damages After an Auto Accident in Dallas
Being involved in an accident is a life-changing experience, and you need someone to help you navigate the legal process while you focus on your recovery. This is where Anderson Injury Lawyers can help. We’re an award-winning personal injury law firm that has collected over $100 million in compensation for our clients. Our Dallas car accident lawyers can assist with your case by:
- We understand that your accident is unique, which is why we begin by listening to your story. Your side of the story is very important to us, and we want to ensure that we leave no stone unturned when investigating your case.
- Next, we will begin to investigate the accident. We will gather evidence, compile medical records and police reports, and interview witnesses.
- We will scrutinize every detail of the case to establish the extent of liability for both parties involved.
- We will then file an insurance claim on your behalf. We will use the evidence collected to present a strong case, highlighting the liability and damages. Our goal is to get the compensation that is owed to you for damages such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- If the opposing party refuses to settle your claim, we won’t be afraid to file a lawsuit on your behalf and take them to court.
If you’re ready to get started, call our Dallas personal injury law firm today to schedule your free case review.
How Common Are Car Accidents in Dallas, Texas?
Car accidents are a major problem in Texas – and Dallas is no exception.
In Texas during 2021:
- 1 person was killed every 1 hour and 57 minutes.
- 1 person was injured every 2 minutes and 12 seconds.
- 1 reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
- The 2021 death toll of 4,489 was an increase of 15.22% from the 3,896 deaths recorded in 2020.
- In 2021, there were 55,634 total crashes reported.
- Out of these, 324 were fatal crashes resulting in 352 traffic deaths.
Based on these statistics, there are around 150 car accidents every single day in Dallas alone, on average.
An Overview of Car Accidents in Dallas, TX
Car accidents happen every day in different parts of the world, and they can be terrifying and life-altering experiences. The causes of car accidents vary, but most of them are preventable if drivers follow traffic rules and safety measures. The following are some of the most common causes of car accidents:
- Distracted Driving
- Reckless and Aggressive Driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs (DUI)
- Unsafe lane changes
- Dangerous left-turns
This means that most car accidents are preventable had the responsible driver exercised reasonable care.
Common Injuries Resulting From Car Accidents
Car accidents can cause different types of injuries, depending on the impact of the collision. Rear-end accidents, head-on crashes, or side-impact collisions are common types of car crashes that can lead to whiplash, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, or broken bones.
Soft tissue injuries, such as contusions or sprains, also happen in car accidents. In severe cases, car accidents can result in permanent disabilities or even death. Therefore, it’s crucial to seek medical attention immediately after a car accident, regardless of the severity of the injury.
Determining Liability After a Car Accident
When a car accident happens, determining liability can be challenging, especially if multiple parties are involved. Liability refers to the legal responsibility of an individual or entity to compensate for the damages caused by the accident.
In many cases, drivers who cause car accidents are liable for the damages and injuries they cause. However, other parties can also be held accountable, such as car manufacturers who produce faulty vehicles or road authorities who fail to maintain safe road conditions.
What To Do After a Dallas Car Accident
Accidents aren’t something we like to think about, but they can happen to even the most careful drivers. In the aftermath of a collision, it’s important to remain calm and take the necessary steps to protect yourself and anyone else involved.
- Assess the Situation: The first thing you should do after a car accident is to assess the situation. Check for injuries to yourself and any passengers in the vehicle. If you or someone else is injured, call for medical assistance immediately. Next, evaluate the damage to your vehicle and any other involved cars.
- Move to a Safe Location: If possible, drive your car to a safe location off the road. If your car is immobile, turn on your hazard lights and use road flares to warn other drivers of the accident.
- Call for Help: Call 911 to report the accident and inform the police of the location. Request medical assistance if needed. It’s important to obtain a police report for insurance purposes.
- Exchange Information With Involved Parties: Exchange driver’s licenses and insurance details with other drivers involved in the accident. Obtain information on the other vehicles involved, including the make, model, and license plate number.
- Document the Accident Scene: Take photographs of the accident scene and damage to your vehicle. Record details of the incident, including time, location, and weather conditions. Gather witness statements from anyone who saw the accident.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you don’t think you’re injured, it’s important to visit a doctor or emergency room after a car accident. Document any injuries and treatment received. This will be important for insurance purposes and any legal action that may be necessary.
- Consult with a Car Accident Attorney: A car accident attorney can help determine fault and liability and pursue compensation for damages. They can also provide guidance on dealing with insurance companies.
Most likely, an insurance company will be involved in your car accident case – whether it’s yours or the at-fault party’s. In either scenario, it is recommended that you speak with an attorney before corresponding with an insurer to maintain your interests.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Dallas Auto Accident Lawyers
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, it’s important to take the proper steps to protect yourself. By following the above steps, you can ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve and that your legal rights are protected. Contact Anderson Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Dallas Auto Accident Lawyer.
Our law firm handles all types of car accident cases:
- Highway Crashes
- Hit-and-Run Accidents
- Intersection Crashes
- Parking Lot Accidents
- SUV Rollover Accidents
Additional Dallas Car Accident Resources
- Car Accident FAQs
- Car Accident Liability
- Common Injuries from Car Accidents
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Dallas?
- How To Get Money After A Car Accident Without A Lawyer in Dallas
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Dallas, TX
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in Dallas, TX
- Texas Car Accident Claim Process
- What Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do?
- When To Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident in Dallas
- Who Is At Fault For My Car Accident?