Car accidents in Dallas, TX, occur for many reasons, including unsafe driving behaviors. Weaving in and out of traffic and performing unsafe or illegal lane changes are common causes of traffic accidents. At Anderson Injury Lawyers, we help injured victims recover the compensation they deserve when a negligent driver causes a car crash.
Since 2007, our dedicated Dallas car accident lawyers have helped clients recover hundreds of millions of dollars in damages. Mark Anderson is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law. He has over 20 years of experience representing injured victims.
Contact our law firm today at (214) 327-8000 to schedule your free consultation with an experienced Dallas lane change charges lawyer. Our award-winning lead personal injury attorney is waiting to discuss your case with you.
How Our Dallas Personal Injury Lawyers Help You After a Lane Change Crash
A lane change crash can cause a sideswipe accident. It can also result in a head-on collision, rollover accident, rear-end crash, or side-impact crash. All of these crashes can cause devastating and debilitating accident injuries. Your future can be changed within the blink of an eye by a reckless driver.
You should not be harassed by insurance adjusters trying to undervalue your damages. You should also not be treated as if your case does not deserve the full attention of the claims adjuster and the insurance company.
When you hire Anderson Injury Lawyers to handle your case in Dallas, Texas, you have our legal team’s full attention and dedication. You can expect us to:
- Investigate your lane change car crash to determine how it occurred
- Gather evidence proving fault and damages
- Handle all matters related to the insurance claim and personal injury claim
- Work with medical specialists, accident reconstructionists, and other expert witnesses as necessary
- Aggressively negotiate and demand a fair settlement amount
- Fight allegations of failure to mitigate damages and contributory fault designed to undervalue your claim
- File a personal injury lawsuit and argue the case in court if that is the best way to protect your rights
At Anderson Injury Lawyers, we provide support, guidance, and legal advice throughout your case. Contact our law office for more information and schedule your free consultation with a Dallas lane change crashes attorney.
Learn more about what a car accident lawyer can do for you by reading this blog.
How Do Lane Change Crashes Happen in Dallas?
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were 42,638 accidents involving changing lanes when unsafe. This number does not include accidents related to other improper maneuvers involving driving lanes. Lane change crashes resulted in thousands of injuries that year.
The causes of lane change accidents generally involve driver negligence. A driver fails to pay enough attention or follow traffic laws. The result is a catastrophic accident that harms other individuals on the road.
Common causes of Dallas lane change crashes include:
- Dallas distracted driving accidents
- Failing to check blind spots
- Attempting to avoid congestion by weaving through traffic
- Driver fatigue
- Failing to use turn signals before changing lanes
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failing to estimate the speed of another vehicle correctly
A study examining the factors affecting lane change factors found that 57% of the drivers responding to a survey said distractions caused unsafe lane changes. In addition, a driver’s experience, surrounding conditions, and road features contribute to lane change crashes.
Who Is Liable for Injuries Caused by a Lane Change Crash in Dallas, TX?
Drivers have a duty of care to follow traffic laws and take reasonable care to avoid accidents. For example, they should check blind spots, use turn signals, and follow traffic signs to avoid causing lane change crashes. Drivers should pay attention to the road and avoid driving when drowsy or impaired.
Texas is an at-fault state for car accidents. Therefore, the driver who caused the car crash is liable for injuries and damages. However, the accident victim has the burden of proving fault for the car crash.
Our legal team searches for evidence that proves the other driver caused your car wreck. Evidence that can help prove negligence and fault includes:
- Accident reports
- Video from traffic cameras, dash cams, and surveillance cameras
- Testimony from eyewitnesses
- Statements by drivers and passengers
- Physical evidence from the accident scene
- Opinions and reports from accident reconstructionists and other experts
- Evidence from vehicle data recorders
- Cell phone records
A driver might allege that you contributed to the cause of the accident. While it is possible for both drivers to be partially to blame for the crash, insurance companies often blame the victims to avoid paying claims. They use comparative fault laws to reduce the amount of money a driver receives for their claim.
Our Dallas lane change crashes lawyers are familiar with this tactic. That is why we independently investigate the crash and gather our own evidence to prove fault for the accident.
Recovering Compensation for a Dallas Lane Change Crash
Accidents caused by improper lane changes can result in traumatic injuries. Common injuries may include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Traumatic brain damage
- Internal organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
The cost of treating severe injuries can be expensive. In addition to medical bills, victims incur lost wages and out-of-pocket expenses. Non-economic damages for pain and suffering can sometimes exceed the economic damages caused by the crash.
Our lawyers fight to recover every dollar you deserve for a lane change crash accident. Unfortunately, the statute of limitations for car accidents limits your time to file a case for a lane change crash. Waiting to seek legal advice could cause you to lose your right to file a claim process.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Car Wreck Lawyer in Dallas
Our lawyers are top-rated locally and nationally by several organizations. We are here to help you through this challenging time. Contact us online or call us to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced car accident attorney in Dallas, TX.
Our law firm handles all types of car accident cases:
- Highway Crashes
- Hit-and-Run Accidents
- Intersection Crashes
- Left-Turn Accidents
- Parking Lot Accidents
- SUV Rollover Accidents
Additional Dallas Car Accident Resources
- Car Accident FAQs
- Car Accident Liability
- Dallas Car Accident Statistics
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Dallas?
- How To Get Money After A Car Accident Without A Lawyer in Dallas
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Dallas, TX
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in Dallas, TX
- Texas Car Accident Claim Process
- What to Do After a Dallas Car Accident?
- When To Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident in Dallas
- Who Is At Fault For My Car Accident?