Being hurt in a drunk driving crash can be one of the most frustrating experiences. You know the car accident could have been avoided had the other driver simply obeyed the law and not gotten behind the wheel while intoxicated. Additionally, you may be suffering serious injuries.
If you were harmed by another driver’s reckless decision to drink and drive in Dallas, TX, you deserve to be fairly compensated for the harm you’ve suffered. The Dallas DUI accident lawyers at Anderson Injury Lawyers are here to help you demand it.
How Our Dallas Auto Accident Lawyers Can Help If You Were Hurt in a Drunk Driving Crash
In 2007, Anderson Injury Lawyers was created and now serves accident victims throughout Dallas, Texas. In 15 years, we have successfully recovered more than $100 million on behalf of our clients.
Our founding attorney, Mark Anderson, has over 30 years of legal experience. He is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is a Texas Magazine Top Attorney. He can put his considerable experience and skill to use to help fight for fair compensation.
When you hire our Dallas auto accident lawyer, we can maximize the potential for your claim by:
- Thoroughly investigating the DUI accident, gathering compelling evidence, and identifying all parties who are potentially at fault for the crash.
- Searching for evidence that may assist with your case
- Fully assessing your damages and negotiating a fair settlement
- Explaining your legal rights and answering any questions you have throughout the process
Our Dallas DUI accident attorneys are here to help you seek fair recovery from the drunk driver and any other responsible party. Contact us today for your free case review.
Learn more about what else a lawyer can do for you here.
Texas Law on Drunk Driving
Texas law criminalizes the act of operating a motor vehicle in a public place while they are intoxicated. Intoxicated means either:
- The driver has a blood alcohol concentration of at least 0.08 percent; or
- The driver does not have the normal use of their mental or physical faculties because of alcohol, a controlled substance, or a combination of alcohol and a controlled substance.
In most cases, this offense is a Class B misdemeanor and requires confinement of at least 72 hours. However, if the driver had an open container, the offense is a Class B misdemeanor with a minimum term of confinement of six days. The offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the driver had a BAC of 0.15 percent or more.
How Does Alcohol Affect Driving Abilities?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that alcohol impacts people differently and more significantly as their BAC increases, as follows:
- BAC of 0.02 percent – Drivers may have difficulty focusing on two tasks at the same time and accurately estimating stopping distances.
- BAC of 0.05 percent – Drivers may have difficulty tracking moving objects or steering.
- BAC of 0.08 percent – Drivers may have difficulty controlling their speed and processing information on road signs.
- BAC of 0.10 percent – Drivers may have a marked decrease in reaction times and have difficulty braking when necessary or maintaining the same lane.
- BAC of 0.15 percent – Drivers may have extreme difficulty controlling their vehicle and can be easily affected by distractions.
An experienced Dallas personal injury attorney can gather evidence to support your case, including evidence of the driver’s BAC.
Evidence To Support Your Drunk Driving Accident Case in Dallas, TX
To establish your right to financial recovery, you must have strong evidence, such as:
- Police reports or traffic citations regarding the driver’s BAC
- Medical records that show the driver’s BAC
- Traffic camera footage
- Receipts showing alcohol purchases near the time of the accident
- Witness statements that people saw the driver drinking at or near the time of the accident
Your Dallas drunk driving accident lawyer can help gather this critical evidence.
Compensation You Can Recover After a Drunk Driving Accident in Dallas, Texas
The potential amount of compensation you can receive depends on many factors, including the nature and severity of your injury.
After a DUI accident claim process, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Reduced quality of life
- Mental anguish
Additionally, you might be able to recover punitive damages, a special type of damages that are intended to punish the wrongdoer.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Car Crash Attorneys in Dallas
If you were injured in a car accident in Dallas, turn to Mark Anderson and Anderson Injury Lawyers for help. We have the skills and experience to help you pursue fair compensation for the injuries you have sustained. Contact our law firm today for your free case review with an experienced Dallas car crash lawyer.
Our law firm handles all types of car accident cases:
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Head-On Crashes
- Highway Crashes
- Hit-and-Run Accidents
- Intersection Crashes
- Lane Change Crashes
- Left-Turn Accidents
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Rear-End Crashes
- Speeding Accidents
- SUV Rollover Accidents
Additional Dallas Car Accident Resources
- Car Accident FAQs
- Car Accident Liability
- Common Injuries from Car Accidents
- Dallas Car Accident Statistics
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Dallas?
- How To Get Money After A Car Accident Without A Lawyer in Dallas
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Dallas, TX
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in Dallas, TX
- What Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do?
- What to Do After a Dallas Car Accident?
- When To Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident in Dallas