If you were recently involved in a car accident in Dallas or Fort Worth, Texas, you might be wondering what is involved in the car accident claim process. This process can sometimes be complicated and designed to prevent accident victims from recovering the compensation they deserve.
Fortunately, accident victims do not have to go through this process alone. They can turn to a compassionate car accident lawyer at Anderson Injury Lawyers for help.
Founding attorney Mark Anderson is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, a distinction that only a few attorneys in Texas can claim. He handles Dallas bus accidents, Dallas taxi accidents, Dallas Uber & Lyft accidents, Dallas Pedestrian accidents, and more.
How Our Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help With Your Texas Car Accident Claim Process
The car accident attorneys at Anderson Injury Lawyers have made a name for ourselves as fierce advocates for the injured. Since 2007, we have helped victims of car accidents, truck accidents in Dallas, bicycle accidents in Dallas, and other personal injury incidents.
Our dedicated advocacy has allowed us to recover over $100 million in compensation for our deserving clients.
If you retain our legal services, we can help with the car accident claim process by:
- Investigating the accident and determining its causes
- Identifying all potentially liable parties
- Gathering evidence to establish liability
- Making claims on your behalf with insurance companies
- Handling communications with insurance companies
- Negotiating for fair compensation on your behalf
Do not hesitate to hire us after a car accident claim in Dallas, TX. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation where we can discuss your legal rights and options.
Steps in the Car Accident Claim Process
The claim process will typically follow this process:
Meeting With Your Personal Injury Lawyer
It is best to meet with a personal injury lawyer as early in the process as possible. This can help you avoid making mistakes that could hurt your claim.
During your meeting, the lawyer may:
- Ask questions – The lawyer may ask you about the accident, such as when it happened, how many other drivers were involved, and how you think the accident happened. This information can let the lawyer know if you may have a viable personal injury claim and the options that might be available to you to pursue compensation.
- Review evidence – Your lawyer may review the evidence you bring with you. Texas law requires you to report any accident you are involved in that causes personal injury, death, or damage to a vehicle that makes it inoperable. If you have a copy of the accident report, provide that to your lawyer. Your lawyer can also review other evidence you bring with you, such as:
- Photos of the accident scene
- Videos of the accident scene
- Any written account you made of the accident
- Your medical records
- Give tips – Your lawyer may also give you information about steps moving forward. For example, your lawyer may advise you not to provide a recorded statement to the insurance company and to limit your social media activity.
- Discuss options – Your lawyer may also discuss possible options for your financial recovery.
Because our Dallas personal injury attorneys offer a free consultation, you can take advantage of this opportunity to ask questions and learn important details with no risk to you.
Your lawyer may conduct an independent investigation into the accident. The insurance company is a for-profit company that is only interested in minimizing payouts to protect its own financial interests, so it will try to use any evidence it can against you.
Your lawyer will work to uncover the truth about how the accident happened by reviewing the available evidence, preserving additional evidence that may help establish liability, and interviewing witnesses to gain a better understanding of the accident.
Filing an Insurance Claim
Next, you will likely file a claim with the insurance company. The insurance company you file your claim with depends on who was responsible for the accident and the type of insurance involved.
Texas is an at-fault insurance state, meaning that the person who is at fault for the accident is financially responsible for it, usually through their liability insurance.
Texas requires drivers to maintain liability coverage in the following minimum amounts:
- $30,000 for bodily injury per person
- $60,000 for bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 for property damage
If you are filing a claim with your collision insurance or the driver was uninsured or underinsured, you would file a claim with your own insurance provider.
Your lawyer will send a demand letter to the insurance company requesting full compensation for your accident. The insurance company may respond by offering a lower amount of compensation to resolve the claim. There may be several rounds of negotiations before you reach a final number.
If your claim settles, you will usually be asked to sign a release of liability that states you are agreeing to drop your claims in exchange for the compensation the insurance company is offering you. The insurance company sends a check to your lawyer, who deducts outstanding expenses and their fees. You then receive your settlement check.
If your case does not settle, your lawyer can discuss other options with you, such as filing a personal injury lawsuit against the negligent party.
Contact a Skilled Texas Auto Accident Lawyer for Assistance With the Claim Process
If you need assistance with your Dallas car accident claim, do not hesitate to contact our team for help. Anderson Injury Lawyers can put our considerable skills to use to fight for your fair compensation.
Our law firm handles all types of car accident claims, including:
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- DUI Accidents
- Head-On Crashes
- Highway Crashes
- Hit-and-Run Accidents
- Intersection Crashes
- Lane Change Crashes
- Left-Turn Accidents
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Rear-End Crashes
- Speeding Accidents
- SUV Rollover Accidents
Additional Dallas Car Accident Resources
- Car Accident FAQs
- Car Accident Liability
- Common Injuries from Car Accidents
- Dallas Car Accident Statistics
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Dallas?
- How To Get Money After A Car Accident Without A Lawyer in Dallas
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Dallas, TX
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in Dallas, TX
- What Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do?
- What to Do After a Dallas Car Accident?
- When To Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident in Dallas
- Who Is At Fault For My Car Accident?