Police officers, insurance companies, and personal injury lawyers categorize car accidents according to the type of collision, the victims involved, or the cause of the crash. They use these crash types to explain what happened and who bears liability for the property damage and injuries that resulted.
A Dallas personal injury lawyer from Anderson Injury Lawyers has experience handling cases involving all crash types. Car accidents can cause severe injuries that result in extensive medical bills and significant income losses.
How Anderson Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Car Accident in Dallas, TX
Anderson Injury Lawyers was founded in 2007. Our Dallas car accident lawyers have decades of experience representing victims against the people or businesses responsible for their injuries.
If you suffer an injury in a Dallas, Texas, incident caused by someone else’s actions, we can help by providing:
- A free case evaluation to assess your claim against the other party
- A thorough investigation to gather evidence for your insurance claim
- Representation by a legal team that has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for accident victims like you
A car accident can cause pain and disable you from earning a living. Contact Anderson Injury Lawyers for a free consultation to discuss your car crash and what we can do to help you recover fair compensation.
How Many Car Accidents Happen in Dallas?
In 2022, Dallas had nearly 38,000 traffic crashes, according to a query on Texas’s Crash Records Information System (CRIS).
These collisions included:
The remaining 27,648 traffic accidents in 2022 involved multi-vehicle collisions. According to CRIS, these crashes killed 88 and injured 12,819.
Categories of Car Accidents in Dallas
Car accidents are categorized according to several criteria, such as:
- The nature of the collision, such as a rear-end collision
- The victims of the crash, such as a pedestrian or motorcyclist
- The accident’s cause, like a distracted driving crash
- The outcome of the crash, such as fatal crashes
Some common types of car accidents include:
Rear-end collisions are the most common type of car crash. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) says 29% of all crashes are rear-end crashes, while the National Safety Council puts the number closer to 42%.
Rear-end crashes happen when a vehicle slams into the back end of the vehicle in front of it. The occupants of the front vehicle get pushed into their seats, and their heads whip into their headrests. As the driver slams on the brakes, they are then flung forward into their seat belts.
The occupants of the rear vehicle experience the opposite forces. They whip forward into their seat belts before whipping back into their seats.
As a result, occupants of both vehicles can experience whiplash injuries to the neck and back. They may also suffer concussions as their brains get shaken.
Dallas had 6,686 speeding crashes in 2022, according to CRIS. The term “speeding” covers two types of driver behaviors. First, speeding can mean driving faster than the speed limit. Local officials set speed limits based on the traffic volume and location of the road. They are designed to move vehicles smoothly and safely.
Second, speeding can mean driving too fast for the road, weather, or traffic conditions. Drivers may need to slow down to drive safely in heavy traffic or rainstorms. If they do not match their speed to the environmental conditions, these drivers can lose control of their vehicles.
Distracted Driving Crashes
According to CRIS, Dallas had 1,397 distracted driving collisions in 2022.
The causes of these crashes included all types of distractions, including:
- Electronics use
- Talking with passengers
Distractions prevent drivers from spotting hazardous conditions and responding to them.
Intersection accidents happen when drivers fail to yield the right of way.
Failing to yield can happen in many ways, such as:
- Disobeying a yield sign or yellow light
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Turning left or right before traffic clears
- Proceeding through a two-way or four-way stop out of turn
Intersections are also one of the most common locations for pedestrian and bicycle crashes. Collisions with these vulnerable road users can happen when drivers proceed before the crosswalk clears.
CRIS reported 241 motorcycle collisions in Dallas in 2022. These accidents killed 18 motorcyclists and left 178 with injuries. This means that only about 19% of motorcyclists walked away from their accidents uninjured.
Drivers can cause motorcycle accidents when they:
- Make unsafe lane changes
- Turn in front of an oncoming motorcyclist
- Fail to merge safely
Drivers often fail to spot motorcycles on the roads. And even when they spot them, they tend to give them very little respect.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Experienced Dallas Car Accident Attorneys
Car accidents can cause injuries that require expensive medical treatment. They may even temporarily or permanently disable you from working. Contact Anderson Injury Lawyers for a free consultation to discuss the compensation you can seek for your car accident injuries.
Our law firm handles all types of car accident cases:
- Defective Tire Accidents
- Head-On Crashes
- Highway Crashes
- Hit-and-Run Accidents
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- SUV Rollover Accidents
Additional Dallas Car Accident Resources
- Car Accident FAQs
- Chest Injuries
- Car Accident Liability
- Common Injuries from Car Accidents
- Dallas Car Accident Statistics
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Dallas?
- Do I Have To Go to Court After a Car Accident in Dallas?
- Who Will Pay My Medical Bills After a Car Accident in Dallas?
- How To Get Money After A Car Accident Without A Lawyer in Dallas
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Dallas, TX
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in Dallas, TX
- Texas Car Accident Claim Process
- What Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do?
- What to Do After a Dallas Car Accident?
- When To Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident in Dallas
- Who Is At Fault For My Car Accident?