When your vehicle and another vehicle collide, your body can experience enormous forces. These forces can cause a range of injuries, from bruises to brain injuries.
After a car accident in Dallas, TX, you could suffer from limited mobility and other temporary disabilities. Your symptoms might prevent you from working, performing household tasks, and even caring for yourself and your family.
Regardless of the severity of your injuries, a Dallas car accident attorney can help you pursue compensation for your losses. Besides car accidents, we handle bus accidents in Dallas, Texas, taxi accidents in Dallas, Uber & Lyft accidents in Dallas, pedestrian accidents in Dallas, TX, and more.
How Anderson Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Car Accident in Dallas, TX
Since 2007, Anderson Injury Lawyers has fought on behalf of accident victims in Dallas, Texas against at-fault parties and their insurers. Our Dallas car accident lawyers have successfully recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for our law firm’s clients.
What the lawyers at Anderson Injury Lawyers will do for you is:
- A free initial consultation to learn about their legal right to personal injury compensation
- Representation on a contingency fee basis with no upfront fees
- Aggressive advocacy for their rights in negotiations with insurance companies and other opposing parties
- Fierce representation in court proceedings
A car accident can cause minor, inconvenient injuries or catastrophic, life-changing injuries. To discuss the compensation you can seek for your injuries, contact Anderson Injury Lawyers for a free consultation.
How Often Do Car Accidents Happen in Dallas, TX?
In 2021, Dallas had 35,355 total traffic accidents involving one of the following situations:
- A single vehicle struck a fixed object, caught on fire, or rolled over
- Two or more vehicles collided
- A vehicle collided with at least one pedestrian
- A vehicle hit at least one bicycle
According to accident statistics, of these, 21,644 crashes caused no injuries. But the remaining 13,711 accidents caused a fatal or a non-fatal injury. Bearing in mind that accidents can injure multiple people, the victims of these crashes suffered:
- 227 fatal injuries
- 1,284 serious injuries that required an ambulance at the accident scene
- 5,333 minor injuries that produced visible trauma that did not require an ambulance
- 9,639 possible injuries that caused pain, dizziness, or other symptoms but had no visible trauma
On a percentage basis, 32.4% of the people involved in Dallas traffic accidents suffered an injury.
Common Injuries Suffered in Dallas Car Accidents
At the instant of an impact, your body will keep moving until it hits something that stops it. Even more importantly, your body moves at the same speed and in the same direction as before the collision. Thus, even in a low-speed crash, your body could get thrown around the inside of your car.
Injuries happen in two primary ways. First, your body could hit something. Whether it hits your seat belt, airbag, steering wheel, door, or dashboard, the impact can tear soft tissues and break bones.
Second, the whipping forces your body endures can injure you, even if you never hit anything. The stresses on your body can jostle your brain, hyperextend soft tissues, and dislocate joints.
Some common injuries from intersection crashes, hit-and-run accidents, DUI accidents, head-on crashes, rollover accidents, multi-vehicle car crashes, defective tire accidents, and other types of Dallas car accidents include:
A car accident can herniate your discs by stretching your spine, then compressing it. This hyperextension and compression occur when you whip back and forth after a collision. These forces can deform the discs, producing a protrusion on the side of the disc.
When the discs deform, they can destabilize your spine. They can also press on nearby nerve roots, producing pain, numbness, and weakness in your limbs.
Chest bruises are very common in rear-end collisions. Your body whips forward, and your chest hits your seat belt. The impact ruptures blood vessels under the skin. As a result, you suffer pain, swelling, and discoloration.
Ligaments hold bones together at joints. When a car accident hyperextends your joints, the ligaments can get damaged as they stretch and tear. Sprains cause joint pain and inflammation. They also limit your joint’s range of motion.
Muscle and Tendon Strain
An accident can hyperextend your muscles and tendons. The muscle and tendon damage causes pain, stiffness, and spasms in your muscles. You might also experience swelling and muscle weakness.
Whiplash is a common form of muscle and tendon strain caused by car accidents. This injury happens when your head pulls the muscles and tendons in your neck as it whips around during a collision. Whiplash can cause headaches, neck pain, weakness, stiffness, and inflammation.
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Not all car accident injuries are physical. Dallas car accidents can also produce anxiety disorders like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). This disorder happens when your brain overcompensates after a traumatic event.
The brain replays the accident in nightmares and flashbacks. It also sharpens your reactions to sights, sounds, and smells that trigger your memories of the accident.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Dallas Car Wreck Lawyer To Discuss Your Injuries
Car accident injuries can limit your abilities and reduce your quality of life. To discuss the compensation you can seek for your car accident injuries, contact a Dallas car crash lawyer at Anderson Injury Lawyers for a free consultation.
Our law firm handles all types of car accident claims, including:
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Highway Crashes
- Lane Change Crashes
- Left-Turn Accidents
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
- SUV Rollover Accidents
Additional Dallas Car Accident Resources
- Car Accident FAQs
- Car Accident Liability
- Chest Injuries
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Dallas?
- Do I Have To Go to Court After a Car Accident in Dallas?
- How To Get Money After A Car Accident Without A Lawyer in Dallas
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Dallas, TX
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in Dallas, TX
- Texas Car Accident Claim Process
- What Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do?
- What to Do After a Dallas Car Accident?
- When To Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident in Dallas
- Who Is At Fault For My Car Accident?
- Who Will Pay My Medical Bills After a Car Accident in Dallas?