Speeding puts others’ lives in danger. If you were hurt by a reckless driver, you shouldn’t have to shoulder the financial losses or deal with an aggressive insurance company alone. You may be able to recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Our experienced Dallas car accident lawyers are ready to help. Call our law office at (214) 327-8000 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation to speak with a Dallas speeding accident lawyer about your case.
How Our Dallas Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help If You’ve Been Injured in a Speeding Accident
Anderson Injury Lawyers has been a go-to source for clients throughout Dallas and surrounding areas since we opened our doors in 2007. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for injured victims and their families.
Part of our success is having a Board Certified personal injury attorney certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, a distinction only 2% of lawyers in the state have.
This trait gives our law firm a distinguished level of skill and experience unparalleled by most other firms. We have the resources necessary to bring your case to a successful resolution.
Our Dallas speeding accident attorneys can help you with your claim by:
- Thoroughly investigating your accident
- Making recommendations for your care and legal strategy
- Dealing with large insurance companies that would otherwise attempt to undervalue your claim
- Negotiating for fair compensation in your case
- Providing prompt answers to your questions
- Advocating for you in court if necessary
We understand that you have experienced a traumatic event. Our goal is to lessen your burden and secure maximum compensation for your injury claim.
How Common Are Speeding Accidents in Dallas, TX?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that speeding has been a primary cause of motor vehicle traffic fatalities for more than two decades. In 2020, speeding claimed the lives of 11,258 people.
The Texas Department of Transportation reports that 29,832 crashes involved speeding in Texas in 2021. These accidents resulted in the death of 935 Texans and serious injuries to another 2,593 people. Dallas County accounted for 128 of these deaths and 321 serious injuries.
Overview of Dallas Speeding Accidents
Despite how people act, speed limits are the maximum speeds people should drive in a particular area. These limits are intended for when traffic is good, weather conditions are clear, and it is daylight. Despite this, many people choose to drive recklessly or aggressively by traveling well over the posted speed limit or a safe speed for current conditions.
Texas is an at-fault state for car insurance claims, meaning that the at-fault driver is responsible for paying for the damages caused by their negligence. Typically, the victim files an insurance claim with the at-fault party’s liability insurance company for compensation.
A personal injury lawyer can help establish fault in a case by:
- Requesting copies of the accident report
- Reviewing or locating pictures or videos of the crash
- Interviewing eyewitnesses
- Preserving physical evidence
In some cases, a lawyer may hire an accident reconstruction expert to help establish how the collision occurred.
What Makes Speeding Accidents So Dangerous?
Speeding is a particularly dangerous behavior because it:
- Decreases the amount of time the driver has to stop or react to a hazard
- Makes it more likely the driver will lose control of the vehicle
- Makes it more likely that an accident will occur
- Increases the severity of injuries
- Decreases the effectiveness of safety features
Our Dallas car accident attorneys are well-equipped to help you with your case. Contact us today to get started.
Common Causes of Speeding
The NHTSA considers speeding a form of aggressive driving.
People who choose to speed make excuses like:
- They’re late
- They’re in a rush
- They like the thrill
- Traffic got them behind schedule
- They do it all the time
- They know the road
Other drivers speed because they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, are distracted and do not notice a change in speed limits, or they simply don’t have any regard for the law. Anderson Injury Lawyers can help you hold reckless speeders accountable for the harm they cause.
Common Injuries Caused By Speeding Accidents in Dallas
Because high speeds are often involved in speeding accidents, victims may suffer serious common injuries, such as:
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Traumatic Dallas brain injuries, including concussions, brain bleeds, or penetrating head injuries
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
- Neck injuries, chest injuries, including whiplash
- Multiple or complex fractures or broken bones
- Permanent disabilities and disfigurement
Some accident victims suffer debilitating injuries that forever alter their future, decrease their quality of life, and cause substantial financial hardship.
Schedule a Free Consultation With A Dallas Car Crash Lawyer
If you were injured in a speeding accident, a Dallas car accident lawyer from Anderson Injury Lawyers can help. We’ll hold the reckless driver responsible for their choice to put others in danger. You can schedule a free consultation by calling us or contacting us online.
Other common type of car accident claims we handle include:
- Defective Tire Accidents
- Head-On Crashes
- Highway Crashes
- Hit-and-Run Accidents
- Intersection Crashes
- Lane Change Crashes
- Left-Turn Accidents
- Multi-Vehicle Car Crashes
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Rear-End Crashes
- Rollover Accidents
- SUV Rollover Accidents
Additional Dallas Car Accident Resources
- Car Accident FAQs
- Car Accident Liability
- Dallas Car Accident Statistics
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Dallas?
- Do I Have To Go to Court After a Car Accident in Dallas?
- How To Get Money After A Car Accident Without A Lawyer in Dallas
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Dallas, TX
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in Dallas, TX
- Texas Car Accident Claim Process
- What Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do?
- What to Do After a Dallas Car Accident?
- When To Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident in Dallas
- Who Is At Fault For My Car Accident?