Car accidents in Dallas, TX, can be traumatic. If you’ve been injured in one, you may need to consider getting a lawyer. To know when it’s the right time to get an attorney involved, it’s essential to understand more about car accidents, what lawyers can do for you, and how they can help.
How Anderson Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Auto Accident in Dallas
When finding the right Dallas car accident attorney for your case, you want someone with the experience, credentials, and track record to back them up. Anderson Injury Lawyers is the right choice. Here’s why:
- We have been helping clients since 2007, and in that time, we have recovered more than $100 million on behalf of our clients.
- Our founding attorney Mark Anderson is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. This designation is only given to attorneys who demonstrate a high level of skill and proficiency in their practice area.
- Attorney Mark Anderson was also recognized as a Texas Magazine Top Attorney
Hiring us means you’ll have legal help such as:
- Thoroughly investigating your case with the help of experts, such as accident reconstructionists, when necessary
- Guiding you through the entire claims process from start to finish
- Filing a lawsuit if the at-fault party refuses to settle, if needed
If you need help after a car accident, there’s no better choice than Anderson Injury Lawyers. Contact us today in Dallas, Texas, at (214) 327-8000 to schedule a free and confidential consultation.
How Common Are Car Accidents in Dallas, Texas and Throughout the United States?
Car accidents are, unfortunately, a common occurrence in the United States. It is estimated that tens of thousands of fatal car accidents occur each year, not to mention those that result in less severe types of injuries. Unfortunately, Texas is home to a significant number of crashes each year.
- The number of deaths related to motor vehicle accidents in Texas has risen. In 2021, 4,489 individuals died in car accidents, a 15.22% increase from the 3,896 fatalities reported in 2020.
- There wasn’t one single day in 2021 when Texas did not experience a fatal car accident.
- In 2021 in Texas, one person was killed every 1 hour and 57 minutes, one person was injured everyone 2 minutes and 12 seconds, and one reportable crash occurred every 57 minutes.
- In Dallas, there were more than 200 fatal car accidents in 2021, with almost 230 fatalities.
- In Dallas, in 2021, more than 1,000 serious car accidents occurred.
These statistics indicate that nearly three car accidents occur in Dallas every day, on average.
Overview of When To Get a Lawyer For a Car Accident in Dallas
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you may wonder if hiring an attorney is necessary. The answer is that it depends on the facts of the case. Understanding the circumstances surrounding your case is essential so you can make the best decision for yourself and your family. It’s always a good idea to speak with a lawyer, but in the following situations, you should contact one as soon as possible:
You Were Involved in an Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist Accident
Drivers in Texas are required to have auto insurance, but unfortunately, not everyone follows the law. In situations where the other driver doesn’t have adequate coverage, you could be stuck with hefty medical bills and other expenses that can quickly add up. A qualified attorney can help you explore all your options for recovering compensation for your losses.
You’ve Sustained Severe Injuries
If your injuries are severe enough that they are going to require long-term medical care and rehabilitation, then hiring a lawyer is always a good idea. An experienced car accident attorney can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to ensure that your settlement covers the costs associated with ongoing treatments and lost wages due to missed workdays. Your attorney will also ensure that you get fair compensation for the pain and suffering caused by the accident.
There is Disagreement Over Fault
In some cases, two drivers may disagree over who was at fault for an accident. Even if there is video evidence available, insurance companies may try to deny or minimize claims because they want to avoid paying out money on claims. An experienced car accident attorney can review evidence related to the accident and dispute any claims made by insurance companies or other parties involved.
What Can a Lawyer Do For You in Dallas?
If you decide that hiring a lawyer is the right move, they will be able to evaluate all aspects of the case and provide informed guidance on how best to proceed. They will also ensure that all deadlines are met and that any paperwork is properly completed before the statute of limitations runs out.
Additionally, they can help negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to secure fair compensation for your damages and losses.
They understand the laws surrounding car accidents and the tactics used by insurance companies to minimize payouts—so having an experienced lawyer at your side gives you an edge in negotiations and litigation proceedings. Finally, they will represent you in court if necessary.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Dallas Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents are common occurrences and can lead to severe consequences for those involved – both financially and physically. If you have been involved in a Dallas car accident, it’s essential to consult a knowledgeable car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact Anderson Injury Lawyers today to schedule a free consultation with a seasoned car accident attorney in Dallas.