Most people associate vehicle accidents with a collision on a busy road. However, one out of every five accidents occurs in a parking lot. Annually, parking lot accidents result in thousands of injuries and hundreds of fatalities.
Our Fort Worth parking lot accident lawyers at Anderson Injury Lawyers represent clients who have been injured in parking lots or garages.
How Anderson Injury Lawyers Can Help if You Were Hurt in a Parking Lot Accident in Fort Worth
Founding attorney, Mark Anderson, has over 30 years of experience representing accident victims. With over one hundred million dollars recovered for clients, Anderson Injury Lawyers has rigorously maintained the rights of accident victims in Fort Worth, Texas.
When you hire our company, we leverage our experience to battle on your behalf against negligent defendants and uncooperative insurance companies. We can assist with your case by taking on the following:
- Conducting a thorough inquiry into the accident
- Evaluating and apportioning fault
- Gathering evidence of your losses as a result of the accident
- Making all necessary insurance claims
- Collaborating with doctors to ensure that you get the best care possible
- Negotiating for a favorable settlement
Common Causes of Parking Lot Accidents in Fort Worth
The National Safety Council (NSC) reports that being distracted while driving is one of the most common reasons for accidents in parking lots. In an NSC public opinion poll, many respondents acknowledged engaging in the following actions when driving through parking lots:
- Using the phone
- Dealing with GPS navigation system
- Using Social Media
- Email sending and receiving
- Taking pictures and watching videos
Aside from distracted driving, the following are some of the most frequent causes of Fort Worth parking lot accidents:
- Failure to give right of way
- Driving in the opposite direction
- Not adhering to Texas traffic laws
A skilled personal injury attorney can analyze your accident and establish the cause.
Common Types of Parking Lot Accidents
Accidents in parking lots or garages can occur due to a variety of factors, including:
- Two drivers rear into each other – When two drivers are attempting to park or exit a parking space, they may back into each other. When drivers are distracted, this type of collision is most likely to occur.
- Two drivers collide while attempting to get the same parking spot – In the rush to find a spot, drivers may fail to notice another driver also moving into the space, resulting in a collision.
- Backing into a parked vehicle – Drivers may occasionally back into a parked vehicle, particularly in small lots with congested spaces.
- A driver pulls out ahead of another car – A driver may pull out ahead of a moving vehicle, colliding in the process.
These parking lot collisions can cause serious injuries and property damage. If you’ve been hurt in a crash, contact Anderson Injury Lawyers today to discuss your legal rights and options.
Injuries and Damages Following Parking Lot Accidents in Fort Worth
Although parking lot accidents typically occur at slower speeds, victims can nonetheless sustain catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Injuries to the spinal cord
- Cuts and lacerations
- Bruises and contusions
These injuries can cause major financial losses, such as:
- Damage to property
- Income loss
- Permanent incapacity
- Medical costs
- Emotional distress
- Pain & suffering
- Reduced quality of life
A skilled Fort Worth personal injury attorney can assist you in documenting the entire scope of your losses.
What To Do After a Fort Worth Parking Lot Accident
It might be tough to determine who is at fault in a parking lot accident. You will need sufficient evidence to show your innocence. Taking the steps below can help preserve and strengthen your claim:
- Report the accident
- Exchange contact and insurance information
- Take photos of the accident site, injuries, and any vehicle damage
- Find out if the parking lot has surveillance cameras
- Seek medical help for your injuries
Finally, seek the assistance of a skilled parking lot accident lawyer. Reaching out to an attorney can help ensure you don’t make mistakes that can cause problems later if you choose to pursue legal action.
Schedule Your Free Consultation With Our Fort Worth Parking Lot Accident Lawyers
Anderson Injury Lawyers can assist you if you were hurt in a parking lot accident. During your free consultation, our car accident attorneys will discuss your case with you and help you understand your options.
Don’t take chances when there’s so much at stake. Give us a call today to get started.