A tire blowout can be dangerous for any driver. However, a tractor-trailer tire blowout can cause devastation and catastrophic accidents. In addition to causing the truck driver to lose control of the truck, a tire blowout can cause other drivers to wreck as they hit or try to avoid the tire debris.
Our Fort Worth truck accident lawyers have decades of experience handling personal injury claims. We have recovered over $100 million for our clients since beginning our firm in 2007.
How Our Fort Worth Truck Accident Attorneys Can Help You With a Claim Related To a Tractor Trailer Tire Blowout
Truck accident cases are complicated. They require skills, resources, and experience that some lawyers have not yet developed. Our founding lawyer is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law. He was named one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers and has a 10.0 Superb Rating on Avvo.
Hiring an experienced Fort Worth personal injury lawyer evens the playing field when you go up against a large trucking company and its insurance provider.
When you hire our award-winning legal team, you can expect us to:
- Conduct an independent truck accident investigation to gather evidence proving causation and fault
- Monitor the accident investigations by the police department, state officials, and federal government agencies
- Verify insurance coverage, file insurance claims, and handle all matters related to the claims
- Work with trucking industry experts, including accident reconstructionists
- Document your damages to calculate how much your claim is worth
- Aggressively negotiate settlement agreements for the fair value of your claim
- File a lawsuit and proceed to court if the other parties refuse to agree to fair settlement terms
Our lawyers understand how trucking companies and insurance providers operate. Therefore, we are prepared to fight back against their tactics. We expect them to deny your claim and undervalue your damages, so we prepare to counter with evidence and sound legal arguments.
Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced truck accident attorney in Fort Worth, TX.
What Are Common Causes of Tractor Trailer Tire Blowouts in Fort Worth, TX?
A tractor-trailer can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. The tires supporting that weight must be extremely large and tough. If these tires blow out, there is typically a reason. Sadly, many of these reasons are due to negligence and could have been avoided.
Common reasons for tractor-trailer tire blowouts include:
- Improper inflation (either over or under-inflating a truck tire)
- Defective truck tires
- Road hazards that cause damage to the truck tire, including potholes
- Braking excessively, which causes wear and tear on the truck tires
- Incorrectly loaded cargo placing extra weight and pressure on the tries
- Improperly maintained truck tires
- Worn and old truck tires in need of replacement
- Failure to promptly repair damage to a truck tire
- Incorrect size of truck tires for the vehicle
- Improper installation of truck tires
A semi-truck’s tires are a crucial operating element for truck safety. Any problems with the truck’s tires could cause an accident.
When a truck tire blows out, it can make the truck unstable. Depending on the situation, the trucker could lose control of the truck and hit another vehicle or object. Alternatively, the truck tire blowout could cause the truck to roll over.
Additionally, truck tire blowouts create significant road debris. Flying truck debris can hit other vehicles on the road, causing a wreck.
Drivers may not see the debris in time to maneuver safely around it. If they hit the debris or swerve, they could cause a car accident.
Injuries Caused By Fort Worth Truck Tire Blowout Accidents
The injuries caused by tractor-trailer accidents can be severe. Catastrophic injuries can cause life-threatening conditions and permanent impairments.
Truck accident injuries could include:
- Paralysis and spinal cord injuries
- Injuries to internal organs
- Nerve damage and soft tissue injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Severe burns
- Back and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Crushing injuries
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Wrongful death
The parties responsible for a truck accident depend on the factors that led to the crash. The truck driver and trucking company are often named at-fault parties.
However, other parties could share in the liability for damages. Liable parties for a truck tire blowout accident could include loaders, shippers, tire manufacturers, government entities, and repair shops. Our investigation will uncover these parties so we can pursue each at-fault party for damages.
What Damages Can I Receive in a Truck Tire Blowout Claim in Texas?
An accident claim for a tractor-trailer tire blowout includes compensation for economic damages, including:
- Medical bills
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Rehabilitation and therapy sessions
- Lost wages and decrease in earning capacity
- Assistance with personal care and household services
- Long-term and in-home nursing care
Truck accident victims can also receive compensation for their non-economic damages.
These damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability and impairment
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Decrease in quality of life
Truck accidents can have devastating effects on you and your family. The long-term consequences can change your life forever. Let us help you and your family receive the money you need to continue to heal and recover from a tractor-trailer accident.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Fort Worth Truck Crash Lawyers After a Tractor Trailer Tire Blowout
Regardless of the cause of the truck accident, you deserve a settlement that compensates you fully for all damages. We want to make that happen. Contact our law firm to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with an experienced Fort Worth personal injury attorney.