Anderson Injury Lawyers | April 5, 2023 | Interstate Accidents
Roads in the Dallas and Fort Worth areas are known to be dangerous, partly due to the drivers and also because of the roadways themselves. Interstates are necessary for Dallas and Fort Worth, but because of the high travel speeds and traffic congestion, these highways are also linked to many accidents.
Interstate Highways Running Through Dallas and Fort Worth
Interstate highways are crucial in large and populated cities like the Dallas-Fort Worth area. These highways create a network of high-speed roads, connecting major cities.
Some of the popular interstate highways in the Dallas-Fort Worth area include:
- Interstate 20: I-20 runs through the suburbs of Fort Worth and south Dallas; through most of the interstate it is known as the Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway
- Interstate 30: I-30 begins from I-20, west of Fort Worth; it is commonly known as “the old turnpike”
- Interstate 820: This interstate loops around Fort Worth; along a portion of this highway, it’s referred to as the Jim Wright Freeway
- Interstate 45: I-45 runs through southeast Dallas; it is known in certain areas as the Julius Schepps Freeway
- Interstate 635: This interstate does a half-loop around Dallas; it begins at I-20 and ends near the Dallas Fort Worth International Airport
Numerous cars and trucks travel through these interstate highways every day on their commutes. Because of the high traffic and popularity of these interstates, accidents are bound to happen.
Major Causes of Interstate Accidents in Dallas and Fort Worth
Accidents on interstates often involve cars and trucks and sometimes motorcycles. Collisions occur for many different reasons, but some of the most common causes of accidents on the interstates include:
- Aggressive driving
- Road rage
- Reckless driving
- Violation of traffic signs and laws
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Driving under the influence
- Defective or malfunctioning auto parts
Issues resulting in collisions on interstate highways vary, depending on the type of vehicle. For example, commercial vehicle crashes often arise from speeding and fatigued driving, as truck drivers race against the clock to get to their destinations on time and therefore run on very little rest.
Determining the cause of an interstate crash is necessary to figure out financial liability.
Liability for Collisions on Dallas-Fort Worth Interstates
Liability for interstate accidents rests with the party or parties responsible for the collision.
Depending on the details of your accident, liable parties could include:
- Drivers, including those driving cars and semi trucks
- Trucking companies
- Car or truck parts manufacturers and distributors
- Governmental entities
Determining liability for an interstate highway accident is one of the key parts of a personal injury claim. Successfully proving a party’s fault can get you one step closer to obtaining proper compensation for the injuries and losses resulting from a collision.
Potential Compensation for Interstate Accidents
Compensation for an interstate highway collision depends on the details of your accident and the resulting harm and losses.
- Medical expenses for treatment, medications, and hospitalizations
- Lost earnings
- Diminished or lost earning capacity
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Interstate highway accidents can result in substantial injury and monetary losses; therefore, pursuing compensation is critical in most cases. Calculating the value of your case is essential to help ensure you receive full and fair compensation after your interstate collision.
An Experienced Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You
Dealing with a personal injury claim arising from an interstate highway accident can be particularly challenging. Therefore, hiring a knowledgeable and skilled personal injury lawyer is crucial to the success of your case.
Time is limited under the Texas statute of limitations for personal injury claims. After an interstate highway accident, speak with a personal injury lawyer right away to begin working on your case.