Taxis are common in Fort Worth, TX. Unfortunately, accidents involving taxis are also common. If you or a family member were injured in a taxi accident in Fort Worth, you could be entitled to compensation from the party who caused the accident.
At Anderson Injury Lawyers, our experienced Fort Worth taxi accident lawyers are prepared to help you seek maximum compensation for your personal injury claim. Our law firm has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in jury verdicts and negotiated settlements. We use our considerable expertise and resources developed while handling thousands of personal injury cases to benefit each of our clients.
Our Fort Worth trial lawyers accept cases on a contingency fee basis. Instead of paying our attorney’s fees when you hire the law firm, you do not pay us until we win or settle your case. Our attorney’s fees are then deducted from your personal injury settlement or verdict.
Contact our law firm at (817) 294-1900 to schedule a free consultation with a Fort Worth, Texas, personal injury lawyer today. Learn about your legal options after a taxi accident and how we can help you protect your right to a fair settlement.
How Anderson Injury Lawyers Can Help if You’ve Been Injured in a Taxi Accident in Fort Worth
Taxi accident cases are complicated car accident claims. The driver might not be the only party responsible for your damages. The taxi owner, other motorists, mechanics, vehicle manufacturers, government entities, and other parties could share liability for damages.
Our Fort Worth taxi accident attorneys diligently work to identify each party responsible for causing the taxi accident. We are willing to fight all parties until we exhaust every available source of compensation for your claim.
Experience matters when dealing with a taxi accident case in Fort Worth. Our lawyers have decades of legal experience. Attorney Mark Anderson is Board Certified in trial law with over 30 years of experience handling accidents involving taxis, Uber and Lyft drivers, buses, and other complex car accident claims.
Our lawyers at Anderson Injury Lawyers are recognized by Super Lawyers, Expertise.com, and the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers. In addition, we have earned a spot on the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
When you hire our top-rated Fort Worth personal injury lawyers it means you have a legal team to:
- Investigate the cause of the taxi accident
- Gather evidence to prove liability and damages
- Hire accident reconstructionists, medical specialists, and other expert witnesses as needed
- Deal with the insurance company, taxi owner, and other parties
- File claims and negotiate fair settlements
- Defend you against unjust allegations of blame
- File a lawsuit and take your case to court, if necessary
Are you ready to hold the negligent party responsible for your accident accountable for their actions? If so, call us to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced taxi accident lawyer in Fort Worth, Texas.
Common Causes of Taxi Accidents in Fort Worth, TX
Taxi accidents occur for many reasons. Most causes of taxi accidents involve the negligence of a taxi cab driver, owner, or operator. Several parties could be to blame for the cause of a taxi cab accident.
Common reasons for taxi crashes include:
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued or drowsy driving
- Using a cell phone or electronic device
- Driving under the influence
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
- Dangerous turns and lane changes
- Tailgating and following too closely
- Mechanical issues and defects
Even though the Fort Worth Ground Transportation Office administers the city’s code provisions for vehicle-for-hire services, it does not mean all taxi cab drivers, owners, and operators obey the code. Code violations can contribute to the cause of a taxi cab accident.
Who Is Liable for My Taxi Cab Accident in Fort Worth, TX?
The first step in filing a personal injury claim for a taxi accident is determining who is at fault for the crash. Even if the taxicab driver is responsible for causing the crash, other parties could also be liable for your damages.
Our Fort Worth taxi accident attorneys can thoroughly investigate the crash to identify all parties who could be liable for damages, including:
- The taxi driver
- The taxi company that employs the driver
- The owner of the taxi cab
- Pedestrians, bicyclists, and other motorists
- Manufacturers of defective taxi parts and systems
- Government agencies
- Mechanics and maintenance facilities
Our legal team can then file claims against all parties who contributed to the cause of the crash. By doing so, we increase the sources of compensation for damages to maximize your chance of receiving a top-dollar award for your case.
Injuries Caused by Fort Worth Taxi Accidents
An accident involving a taxi can cause catastrophic injuries and wrongful deaths. Unfortunately, innocent taxi cab accident victims often sustain injuries, including:
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Internal organ damage
- Neck and back injuries
- Broken bones
- Severe burns
Passengers in taxi cabs can be injured in an accident. However, pedestrians, bicyclists, drivers, and other parties can be victims of a taxi accident.
How Much Is My Fort Worth Tax Accident Claim Worth?
You could receive compensation for your economic damages, including lost wages, a decrease in future earning capacity, medical bills, and out-of-pocket expenses. You can also recover compensation for non-economic damages for a taxi accident. These damages include pain and suffering, emotional distress, diminished quality of life, and permanent impairments.
The value of your damages depends on the facts of the case. Factors that impact how much a taxi accident claim is worth include:
- The type of injuries you sustained in the accident
- The severity of your injuries, including whether you sustain permanent disabilities
- The duration of your recovery and the type of medical treatments you receive
- The strength of the evidence proving causation and fault
- The parties involved in the personal injury case
- The amount of insurance coverage available
- Whether you can return to work
- The extent your injuries impact your daily life
Without an experienced Fort Worth taxi accident attorney handling your case, the insurance company and at-fault party will likely undervalue your damages. We can protect you from aggressive insurance adjusters pressuring you to accept a low settlement offer.
Can I Recover Compensation for a Taxi Accident if I’m Partially To Blame in Fort Worth, TX?
You should not admit fault or make statements to the insurance provider without seeking legal advice. Until a lawyer investigates the cause of the accident, you cannot be sure of the extent of your liability.
Being partially at fault for a taxi cab accident does not automatically bar you from receiving compensation. You would need to be 51% or more at fault for Texas comparative fault laws to bar recovery of damages.
If you are less than 51% to blame for the accident, you could receive some compensation for damages. However, the compensation you receive is reduced by your percentage of fault for the crash.
You Must Prove Negligence To Win a Taxi Accident Case in Texas
- The at-fault party owed you a legal duty of care
- The party’s actions or failure to act breached the duty of care
- The breach of duty was the direct and proximate cause of the accident
- You incurred damages and harm because of the accident
Your evidence must prove there is more than a 50% chance that the facts you allege are true. Evidence in a taxi accident case could include:
- Police and accident reports
- Medical records
- Repair and maintenance records
- The taxi cab driver’s licensing and employment information
- Photographs of the accident scene
- A video of the collision
- Testimony from eyewitnesses
- Reports and options from expert witnesses
- Statements made by the parties involved in the crash
Our legal team does not stop searching for evidence until we pursue every possible lead. We build a strong case based on solid evidence proving another party caused the taxi accident.
What Is the Deadline for Filing a Taxi Accident Claim in Texas?
You do not have an unlimited amount of time to file your claim. The Texas statute of limitations for most accidents involving taxis is two years from the accident date. Therefore, you must file your lawsuit before the deadline or give up your right to sue the at-fault party for damages.
Exceptions to the two-year rule could change the deadline. Prompt legal advice can protect your rights. It is best to contact Anderson Injury Lawyers as soon as possible after being involved in an automobile accident.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Fort Worth Taxi Accident Lawyers
You do not have to handle your case alone. At Anderson Injury Lawyers, our legal team is ready to defend you and pursue claims to get you the money you deserve. Contact our law office to request a free case review from an experienced Fort Worth taxi accident attorney.