Carbon monoxide poisoning can cause severe health conditions and death. If you were poisoned by carbon monoxide in Dallas, Texas, you could be entitled to a financial award for damages. The parties who caused the carbon monoxide poisoning could be liable under one or more Texas tort laws.
The Dallas carbon monoxide poisoning lawyers at Anderson Injury Lawyers have decades of legal experience handling personal injury claims.
Our personal injury law firm has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients in jury verdicts and personal injury settlements. Being Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law gives us the skills and expertise to investigate, pursue, and win personal injury cases.
How Anderson Injury Lawyers Can Help When You or a Loved One Have Been Poisoned by Carbon Monoxide
The attorneys at Anderson Injury Lawyers have been recognized as being among the Top 10 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers. In addition, we have a 10.0 Superb Rating from Avvo, demonstrating our dedication to our clients.
Carbon monoxide injury cases can be complex. Our lawyers have the skills, resources, and expertise to handle these cases. When you hire our award-winning legal team, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the cause of your carbon monoxide poisoning to identify who is responsible for your injuries and damages
- Work with the top expert experts in the industry to gather evidence to strengthen your personal injury case
- File insurance claims and negotiate insurance settlements
- Monitor deadlines for filing claims and lawsuits
- Document your damages to calculate the correct value of your damages
- Fiercely fight to get you the top settlement or jury award for your case
- Provide support and guidance throughout your case
- Filing a lawsuit and take your case to court, if necessary
Carbon monoxide can be deadly. Exposure to CO gas can lead to long-term health issues and disabilities. Let our Dallas premises liability attorneys work to get you the money you deserve after a carbon monoxide accident.
Call our law firm today to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced personal injury attorney in Dallas, TX.
What Is Carbon Monoxide?
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless gas. It is produced when we burn fuel in many appliances and vehicles. When carbon monoxide builds up in a building, home, vehicle, or other enclosed space, it can poison and kill people who breathe it.
The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include:
- Chest pain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Nausea or upset stomach
Everyone is at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. However, elderly individuals and infants are at a higher risk. Also, people with anemia, chronic heart disease, and breathing problems are more likely to become sick from CO gas.
Over 400 people die each year in the United States from carbon monoxide poisoning. Additionally, over 100,000 people are treated in emergency rooms, and over 14,000 are hospitalized because of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Who Is Responsible for Damages Caused by Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?
Poisoning by carbon monoxide can occur anywhere. Common sources of CO gas include, but are not limited to:
- Motor vehicles
- Wood stoves
- Clothes dryers
- Gas ovens and stoves
- Stoves and grills
- Wood burning and gas fireplaces
- Boilers and furnaces
- Motorized equipment and tools
- Water heaters
- Propane stoves
- Space heaters
Multiple parties could share liability for a carbon monoxide poisoning claim. Determining liability can be a complicated process. Parties that could be liable for a carbon monoxide personal injury claim include:
- Property owners
- Technicians and installers
- Builders and contractors
- Lodging and resort owners
- Boat owners
- Motor vehicle owners
The causes of action for carbon monoxide poisoning depend on the facts of the case. However, victims might have claims based on negligence, product liability, or premises liability. Our experienced Dallas carbon monoxide poisoning attorneys pursue all causes of action against all responsible parties to maximize your recovery for damages.
What Damages Can I Receive for a Dallas Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Claim?
The types of damages available for your claim depend on the facts of your case. Generally, negligence, premises liability, and product liability claims for carbon monoxide poisoning include economic and non-economic damages. An injured party could receive compensation for their:
- The cost of diagnosing and treating carbon monoxide poisoning
- Loss of income, benefits, and wages if you cannot work because of the CO poisoning
- Physical pain and suffering
- Disabilities and permanent impairments
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Loss of quality of life and enjoyment of life
- Future lost wages and a decrease in future earning capacity
- Assistance with household tasks and personal care
It is crucial to seek immediate medical treatment if you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning. Keep copies of all medical records and evidence of damages. Then, as soon as possible, seek legal advice.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Dallas Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyers
At Anderson Injury Lawyers, we offer free consultations so you can meet with our personal injury attorneys to discuss your case without pressure to hire us. We are dedicated advocates for injured victims and their families.
Contact our law firm online or by phone to request your free consultation with a Dallas carbon monoxide poisoning attorney.